What's everyone running for axles?

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's time to put some new axles on my sportsman I was thinking either rhinos gorillas highlifters or even cobras any thoughts?

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been replacing stock ones I break with rhinos. Cheaper than gorillas and plenty strong. Call kevin and his staff at rapid and get some prices and opinions from them.

I heard those cobras are refurbished car axles. But I heard it on S&M so who knows...

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple years back, I heard everyone raving about Turner axles but haven't heard them mentioned in quite some time. Are those still one of the preferred choices?

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running Rhinos on the RZR, haven't broke yet but the boots aren't great (changed 3 in two rides).

cementfist27

Reaction score
First ride out with the Outlaw 2's and snapped the two fronts. Ordered Rhino's as they seem to be a cost effective solution that has the chrommoly I'm looking for. If they don't work I may have to get off the wallet for Gorilla or Turners.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen pat's driveline has axles for atv, and sxs. no idea what brand or cost or if they are any good, just saw them in the store.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen pat's driveline has axles for atv, and sxs. no idea what brand or cost or if they are any good, just saw them in the store.

I called them said they didn't know anything about then he called me back said it would take a month for them to come in

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put rhinos in my brute force and they are junk! One lasted about 20min and the splines stripped off. The other one both boots were leaking grease like crazy. So I got those ones replaced under warranty and the warranty ones leaked grease on the first ride to! Then after about 100km I got stuck in some skeg so i pulled the diff lock in when the wheels were not turning and hit the throttle and one shaft totally let go! So I got fed up and put the old stock ones in and never had another issue!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called them said they didn't know anything about then he called me back said it would take a month for them to come in

hmm that really sucks, just saw a flyer they had on the counter, who is going to wait for a friggin month. BS

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DHT from highlifter are a great axle with a good boot if you do not have a huge lift (angles to steep 36 degrees)....Cobras are pretty good from what i hear but have skyrocketed in price. Rhino`s sem to work well on some machines,lousy on others.....I have Rhinos and they have been great so far..... Gorillas are great ,but too much money.
Turner`s are too tough and takes months to get...Better to snap a 300$ axle than a 2500 $ diff...For the money ,rhinos seem pretty fair...IMO.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Utv Canada has axles I can't remember the brand.

Sent from my iPhone 5

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I'm running rhinos on my grizz. Haven't broke one yet, but spun up some large rocks crossing a river and lodged them in the rear a-arm. Somehow managed to peel both boots off. Cleaned up the joints and put boots back on but axle seems a bit rough now. Hard to say if it'll last now. Time will tell. Either way a complete rhino is cheaper (or was) than a complete stock unit.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 Rhino axles in my Brute, 1 front and 1 rear, have not had any issues so far. Probably have close to 500 or so km of hard riding(lifted with 29.5 Laws) and the axles and boots are still perfect. For the price compared to gorillas and Turners I would definitely go with the Rhino's.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran gorillas on my 850 and never had a problem. Running Highlifter DHT's on my scrambler and not a problem out of them either. For a hundred bucks an axle cheaper i see nothing wrong with the DHT's. I would stay away from Rhinos. I know I won't touch them. The saying you get what you pay for comes in here. My buddy runs them on his 850 and in 3 rides has broken 3 front ones. I will be the first to admit when its driver error. But there is no reason they should have broke when they did.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had gorillas on my old side by side. They were supposed to have life time warranty in 2010 when I got them,, now they only have 1year? And they wont honor the older ones Life time warranty...WTF

Tore boots lots, Only ever broke one shaft. They need to be rebuilt after a season tho.
They were around 500$ a shaft and it was worth the money in my case.
(stock shafts would break every time we went out west,,thats why we got the gorillas)

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my gorrilla s for rhinos for whatever reason I have bad luck with the rillas and have always had goodluck with rhinos plus the warranty can't be beat. Buddie had cobras on his grizzly and also no problems with 30" backs

Top Bottom