What's everyone doing to get ready for the season??

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throttle Chix - View topic - Back pain, headaches and overall healthere is the link to a small write up Becky did on the program she is using... I've noticed a HUGE difference in her -maybe even more than she realizes as a lot of her pain was just something she dealt with but as her partner in riding road trips I would notice... She would wear out faster if her hip was bothering her (a day on the mtn horse snow bikes and swinging her leg up high to get onto the tall bikes flat out KILLED her with pain and was REALLY tough on her -not that she would EVER complain) and our road trips over 2 hours or so I would see her rubbing her hip and stretching a lot and really just unconsciously 'worrying' over herself ya know?

Anyway, might be worth looking into for those of you who have suffered accidents that put your bodies out of whack -or just generally put your bodies out of whack during your usual course of recreating! ;)

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How to Prepare for Snowmobiling
1. Go to your local snowmobile dealer, smile and give the first guy you see $200. This will get you used to spending money there on a regular basis.

2. Fill a 45-gallon barrel with sand. Lower it into a hole. Now lift it out. If you can, add water to the sand and try it again. Do this 5 times per day. This will get your back in shape for lifting your sled out of the deep snow.
3. Tie a rope to a heavy-duty spring. Pull the rope repeatedly with each arm until the pain in your shoulders meets somewhere in middle your back. This will get you in shape for starting your bud's sled, which he conveniently forgot was out of gas. It's best to do this exercise while someone is spraying starting fluid into your nose and eyes also.
4. Drink four ounces of cod liver oil mixed with a strong laxative. Dress with long underwear, wool pants, snowmobile bibs, insulated boots and heavy coat. Walk far into the woods without any paper products and wait for a personal emergency. This get you prepare for the Beer shits that come out of nowhere, and at the wrong time.
5. Place your hands in a bucket of ice water for 20 minutes. Put the carburetor from your lawn mower in the bottom of your deep freeze. Now climb in the deep freeze, shut the lid and overhaul it while holding a pen light in your mouth. This gets you prepared to work on your sled in the freezing cold and black of night. Advanced riders do this with a Leatherman tool
6. Dress up in your new $350 snowmobile bibs. Pour 2 stroke oil down the right leg, gasoline down the other and Peppermint Schnapps and Beer all over the front. Fill your boots with ice cubes and ask your wife or girlfriend to dance. This will prepare her for the stops at the local bars during a ride.
7. Put on a Balaclava and a full-face helmet. Attempt to drink hot chocolate through the opening. Advanced riders attempt this while riding a lawn tractor over in the nearest farmers' plowed field.
8. Find a place where you can pay $3.50 a litre for regular gas; $19.99 per litre of oil; $16 for a Hamburger and frozen French Fries; $3 for a coke and $160 to sleep in a cold cabin on a bed with springs sticking through the mattress. Stay for two nights, minimum. This will prepare you on the high cost of your future winter trips.
9. Practice explaining to your banker why you need another loan for a $70,000 truck to pull the four $20,000 sleds, on your $15,000 trailer that you still owe $50,000 on.
Now, you are 50% ready, and somewhat conditioned to head for the trails and ride your sled.

That is so true.....LMAO>>> ;)

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put a deposit on a new 2010m6 for my step daughter. ordered a 2.25 trak for my wifes sled , booked the twin peaks lodge in valemount for 4 days an booked 2 guides from sled farmers. Should be a great time can't wait

CoyoteGirl

Reaction score
Hmmm... well, I've been kneeling on a ball at work to help with my balance and get this core into shape! That's been interesting to say the least, need to start wearing my helmet as I've about cracked my head open a few times.... Doing some planking on the ball to work on shoulder (and always core). Rubber band stuff as well. Normally I'm full on weights at this time of year but I've lost all interest in the gym and I know it is going to bite me come winter but I just can not psychologically do it this fall. Hoping these planks (which are by no means easy) and the recent loss of an employee which means I'm the one hucking 30# boxes around is enough!

Sled wise... well, I just upgraded to a 2012 ProRMK and really, the sled itself should be enough!! But, she lasted about a day in the garage and was torn down. She'll be getting a bright green wrap from ArcticFx, Camo Extreme 2.5 156" track, Timbersled front and rear suspensions with Ice Age rails, Avid 7 tooth drivers and WRP seat. Still trying to decide on which FLY handlebars, FLY adjustable risers. VanAmburg Boondock Bumper kit in textured black. And I need to get it all done this week! hehehe :p

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snows falling hard today!!! Packing up my first aid/overnight kit for my pack now........... arnica Cream....... Check!!!!

Little Buddy

Reaction score
How to Prepare for Snowmobiling
1. Go to your local snowmobile dealer, smile and give the first guy you see $200. This will get you used to spending money there on a regular basis.

2. Fill a 45-gallon barrel with sand. Lower it into a hole. Now lift it out. If you can, add water to the sand and try it again. Do this 5 times per day. This will get your back in shape for lifting your sled out of the deep snow.
3. Tie a rope to a heavy-duty spring. Pull the rope repeatedly with each arm until the pain in your shoulders meets somewhere in middle your back. This will get you in shape for starting your bud's sled, which he conveniently forgot was out of gas. It's best to do this exercise while someone is spraying starting fluid into your nose and eyes also.
4. Drink four ounces of cod liver oil mixed with a strong laxative. Dress with long underwear, wool pants, snowmobile bibs, insulated boots and heavy coat. Walk far into the woods without any paper products and wait for a personal emergency. This get you prepare for the Beer shits that come out of nowhere, and at the wrong time.
5. Place your hands in a bucket of ice water for 20 minutes. Put the carburetor from your lawn mower in the bottom of your deep freeze. Now climb in the deep freeze, shut the lid and overhaul it while holding a pen light in your mouth. This gets you prepared to work on your sled in the freezing cold and black of night. Advanced riders do this with a Leatherman tool
6. Dress up in your new $350 snowmobile bibs. Pour 2 stroke oil down the right leg, gasoline down the other and Peppermint Schnapps and Beer all over the front. Fill your boots with ice cubes and ask your wife or girlfriend to dance. This will prepare her for the stops at the local bars during a ride.
7. Put on a Balaclava and a full-face helmet. Attempt to drink hot chocolate through the opening. Advanced riders attempt this while riding a lawn tractor over in the nearest farmers' plowed field.
8. Find a place where you can pay $3.50 a litre for regular gas; $19.99 per litre of oil; $16 for a Hamburger and frozen French Fries; $3 for a coke and $160 to sleep in a cold cabin on a bed with springs sticking through the mattress. Stay for two nights, minimum. This will prepare you on the high cost of your future winter trips.
9. Practice explaining to your banker why you need another loan for a $70,000 truck to pull the four $20,000 sleds, on your $15,000 trailer that you still owe $50,000 on.
Now, you are 50% ready, and somewhat conditioned to head for the trails and ride your sled.
Amen to that.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Walking and running min 2ml a day with my Avy pack on... Might have to move in doors with the snow took a spill but the pack broke my fall! I'm sure it was entertaining to say the least hopped back up and kept going lol.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taking an avalanche safety course with Zac's on Dec 11, working out, (hot yoga and a burlesque cardio class), shopping around for new gear, getting my first aid kit ready, and getting our trailer ready to haul sleds!

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i never thought about doin cardio w the avy bag. sheet thats a good idea haha ill get some funny looks in the gym i bet. lulu lemon tank top and big bag on my back haha. I intend to get fully geared and bag loaded and step on the scale this year. I dont know why but im really curious to know how much weight im trying to huck around on my sled.

Pipe & Y pipe were ceramic coated - impact coatings edmonton
Custom wrap - spiralus designs calgary
seat repairs - somewhere in edmonton haha oh boy, this list started out sounding good
rear skid fox float upgrades - nexxtech in sherwood park (*still have to do*)
Avy Training in January - zacstracs or hangfire (*still have to do*)
handlebar offset & clutching alignment - t&t powersports bonnyville (*still have to do*)
new to me enclosed trailer - rance trailers
new to me sled deck - marathon
getting my a$$ to the gym more because I been slackin

other potentials..
powdercoating, a-arm upgrade, gauge lift, aftermarket clutching

sheesh my list is no where near as exciting as you guys :/

sledbunny20

Reaction score
Winnipeg most of the time and BC whatever chance I
new gear ordered to keep my ass warm...cardio is taken care of, I'm a gym rat twice a day...and hubby is starting my carbon fiber sled this week which he promises to be done by our ride in mid December...can hardly wait. April I love the hot yoga as well but I think we may need to take our class outside to "artic" yoga to get ready!!! have a great week everyone and hope all your sled preparations get complete...I know I have my fingers crossed;)

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha arctic yoga, could cause some pulled muscles and some frost bite and may not be able to wear the same outfit but great idea! You try it first and let me know lol brrrrr!! Especially in Winnipeg! eeeek!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, after the first ride on Saturday...I think I'll hit the gym first...then the yard for some shovelling practice. :eek: JK

Super sore after a pretty easy day compared to our usual rides. BUT the new Proclimb is wicked awesome and made it much easier on me than it would have been. Haha.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i never thought about doin cardio w the avy bag. sheet thats a good idea haha ill get some funny looks in the gym i bet. lulu lemon tank top and big bag on my back haha. I intend to get fully geared and bag loaded and step on the scale this year. I dont know why but im really curious to know how much weight im trying to huck around on my sled.

Pipe & Y pipe were ceramic coated - impact coatings edmonton
Custom wrap - spiralus designs calgary
seat repairs - somewhere in edmonton haha oh boy, this list started out sounding good
rear skid fox float upgrades - nexxtech in sherwood park (*still have to do*)
Avy Training in January - zacstracs or hangfire (*still have to do*)
handlebar offset & clutching alignment - t&t powersports bonnyville (*still have to do*)
new to me enclosed trailer - rance trailers
new to me sled deck - marathon
getting my a$$ to the gym more because I been slackin

other potentials..
powdercoating, a-arm upgrade, gauge lift, aftermarket clutching

sheesh my list is no where near as exciting as you guys :/

I've been wearing my new avy bag around the store. Not so much for the cardio aspect but because it's so freakin light and just plain Awesome... It's a new bag from snowpulse. Really really dig it.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice! jealous

im not dumpin another set of cash for another bag haha mine is nice and light but not designed to carry some stuff on the otuside like i wanted. but iv made it work

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, this is my last 'off' weekend before the riding starts! Planning on doing a final gear check, back pack check, tool check and first aid kit check (my first aid and tools always gets slowly depleted during the season!)

Gotta run through EVERYTHING too cause the first trip is a multiday trip away from home so I won't get a chance to do a 'shake the bolts loose' run at all!!

Sure hope I can find everything I need in my shop this weekend, it's a MESS right now!!!

Top Bottom