What's everyone doing to get ready for the season??

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me? I'm watching what I eat and MAKING time to work out.

My machine? Getting all sorts of love. Fixing a boo-boo from the end of last season -dern rocks that just JUMP outta nowhere! ;) Getting a cold air intake fabbed up, doing some work to fit a new track and drivers under her. getting updated timbersled rear skid. getting timbersled front end this season with the exit shocks (could only afford one set of shocks a season and the rear got the love last year!) fixing my oil cap so it doesn't drool oil all over when i get in REALLY nasty situations and NEED my belt to not be slipping! getting a new wrap... i think that's it...

I'm starting to get AMPED UP about the season? anyone else gettin there yet? feelin the chill to the air, feeling the stress of the snow show season (not sure who all on here works the shows) but the excitement of seeing all of your sledding buddies on the road again! all the sled vids are arriving in the mail and i watch them over and over and over... SUCH a great time of year!!!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am not doing as much as you but still some work. I gotta order in a new set of SLP weights to get my RPMS up, Buy a new pair of snow pants, look into avalance packs, order in snobunji and towrope. I am sure theirs more for me to do. Ohh and I am polishing up the ol' dragons tunnel, so it can also be used as a mirror. I've been amped up for sledding season ever since my last sledding trip. Just can't get enough... but it's coming, PRAY FOR SNOW!! YEE HAWW!!

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
totally, it ALWAYS sneaks up on me!! I tried to start right at the end of last season but who wants to even DEAL with sled stuff then!!! i'm glad i didn't too cause I've learned a lot over the summer and now that OTHER'S wheels are churning and in sled mode i have some people to talk about the mods i want to make and what I need to do to make them. i want a better track and I want a 2.5 ... but in the snow i ride in (HEAVY, WET, NASTY stuff) I've heard it jsut won't hav enough clearance... Along comes fastrax and they're gonna experiment with my sled to offer a poor mans fix and mill out the chain case so that smaller drivers can be used on the pro!! COOL! i was stressing how i would do that this summer... now I have everyone scratching their heads on it and at least one really good solution!

but yea, i'm sure i'll still be left scrambling when the first snow falls! the way I look at it though, if my build isn't done it keeps me from getting out when the land mines are a plenty!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man i've been workin out all summer, doing six pack arm curls, deadlifting 24 flats over head, and lots and lots of wrist curls, should be ready to go.

oh forgot, deep skeg kneebends, hurt like hell, exfoliate and skin treatment all at the same time. thanks rzrgade.

Last edited:

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to kick this of with a few pictures!! ;)

My ITTY BITTY spot of damage that is causing a WHOLE lot of work!!
IMG_1817.jpg

notice the break in the piece that connects the footwell to the outside piece of the board... I SWEAR a yeti jumped out and put a rock RIGHT in front of me when i was cliumbing a chute right at the end of last season. he was big and mean and scary and that rock totally kicked my butt! You['ll have to buy a copy of Flirting with Danger to see if you can spot the yeti! ;) heheheheh

Let the tear down begin. Sled vids blasting in the background and both D and me hustling around to get this thing pulled down and totally fixed back up before she heads over to the coast on Sunday for the cold air intake to be fabbed up by Fastrax. Nuthing like adding a little lack of time to put the pressure on!
IMG_1822.jpg

And the tear down gets more involved...
IMG_1828.jpg

Unfortunately we will have to do ALL of this all over again when we go to put the motor plate in but we don't have time to do it now so it's just fix the cosmetics and save the motor plate until after the snow shows while the snow is building a base (since I didn't pay extra for the stump radar to warn me where they are in that bottomless pre season snow!)
IMG_1828.jpg

All week I've been doing a little back and forth with Arctic FX on a custom wrap for my Skadi mobile. I'm SUPER excited with how custom they were able to make it for me and it should get here in time to slap it on before the Denver snow show!!!
RUSH-RMK_SKADI_moreshead_Final.jpg

Piggy, I KNOW you're doing some mods.... who else??

Last edited:

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
I'm putting in a new mbrp can to hopefully lighten the old girl up a bit, maybe take out some foam. Might have to replace an O2 sensor, gotta get a diagnostic done to see why the engine light comes on (people are telling me it might just be the O2 sensor cause it only comes on at high elevations), never at home on the lakes and trails. I'm still new at this so nothing as big as skadi that's for sure.

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm putting in a new mbrp can to hopefully lighten the old girl up a bit, maybe take out some foam. Might have to replace an O2 sensor, gotta get a diagnostic done to see why the engine light comes on (people are telling me it might just be the O2 sensor cause it only comes on at high elevations), never at home on the lakes and trails. I'm still new at this so nothing as big as skadi that's for sure.

hey, we all have to start somewhere! I remember when my 'getting ready for snow season' meant dumping out my old gas! ;) I just somehow turned all high maint and for some reason LOVE time in the shop... so i have a real bug for modding things out and just STINK at leaving them stock... Doesn't mean you all have to mod but I'm SURE there is stuff you're doing to get ready for the season... Snow bunny, you remind me, I think I should post a 'season refresher' over on throttle chix. We had it On the ladies ride forum but i don't think it got brought over to Throttle chix when we switched names!! it was a great thread about what to do for your machine pre season... there a re most DEF a few things you should look into that are REALLY basic but will help your sled make it through the year!

summiteer... i like that plan.. i ALMOST went the EXACT same route as you but decided I wanted to stay fluffy this season and wasn't willing to give up the good eating for a new rig... so I'm rocking last year's sled and my 07 truck... neither really NEEDED an upgrade and, well, I like to eat good food!! ;) I like your style though!!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feel free to share your tips here too, not everyone is on the other forum :)

With my XP, I changed the chaincase oil preseason but that's about it. Give the clutches a good cleaning, make sure the weights are moving freely and belt is in good shape, and plugs are clean, but I do this several times throughout the season too.

On the Cat it's diamond drive oil. If you're running the stock bearing, I'd take a look for wear also.

Because of the turbo I'll swap out the reeds. They need to be done about every 700 miles or so anyway, and tear into the motor and make sure the pistons are in good shape. I'll also run through all the boost lines and look for cracks and leaks, again I do this throughout the season. Then into the fuel lines and make sure fittings are tight and pickups are clean. I'll give my boost controler a cleaning too, and make sure the blowoff valve is still on tight.

That's about it for me.... Happy wrenching :)

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the skidoo honeycomb vent kit last year but it left a hole where the pull start is, they came out with a cover this year so i dont have to mesh it. Possibly quick disconnects for the sway bars and a low windsheild. I am looking for new gear as well, klim boots, a peer to peer radio, and a gopro camera.

That should be all.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Working a lot hoping I can afford to buy a sled this year especially since I didn't sled last year. Not looking good, to much other crap to spend money on, debating if I wanna finance one, really wanna sled this year. So jealous seeing the pictures.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gettin a few things too. Some black anodized ice age rails thx to ur gc's skadi. Camo extreme 2.5" opted away from the 3" since im not turboed, figured id lose to much track speed. Rkt clutch kit. New rear tunnel section. Black wrp running boards and possibly might order up some mountain addiction gas cans. Now i gotta do all the swap outs with no time as well, but youve got a good point, ill just avoid the early season death rocks that plagued me last year.

IRC

Reaction score
I have changed engine and chain case oil, full chassis grease, I cut and re soldered all of the handle bar wiring and moved the connectors under the hood. I have ordered new limiting straps from MPI for the front of the skid after breaking both on the last ride. I think I want to install a BOV in the intercooler to get rid of the throttle chatter on throttle chop. I cleaned up the pressure surfaces on both clutches with scotch bright and wired an “interrupter button into my “knock box” to reset it without having to shut the motor down. I re-glassed my mountain wind shield to fix the cracks around the mounting points. And finally I have a set of used A arms coming to replace the side that I bend slightly during my unintended crevasse adventure on Mt Jutland.

I’m sure more will creep up now that I pulled the boat out of the water and we are on the count down to snow.

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
A season refresher on this forum wouldn't be a bad idea either. I have really no idea what needs to be done to get things ready for riding, I called to see what it would cost to get a pre season ride service done and oh my god, too much money. I dont' even know what they all do anyways for it. So I'm thinking I'll just do it (or watch my fiance and learn to do it) myself. Any info though on the basics and must do's would be a great thing to read up on. Maybe one day I will be modding mine to the nines too.

Top Bottom