What would cause this

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled is 2010 xp with floating clutch sled runs good outer belt wear is fine but just the inside

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 356

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, look for the secondary back side bolts for falling out

Does look like sheaves are chewed up from pic

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it all the way around, or just one spot? If one spot i would say trying to replace a belt without spreading the sheave enough. :dunno:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think some of you guys need glasses, that's water on the face of his clutch. As for the inside wear, it looks like you got towed without taking the belt off or maybe a real long coast down a mountain with the engine off.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Is it only worn in one spot on the belt, or all the way around the belt like that? And is that the outside edge or inside edge? You said you floated the secondary, right? What flooring kit did you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't that caused by having the belt a touch to tight. Its rubbing on the primary at an idle?

Yeah, if you have the belt too tight you can get some localized wear on the underside of the belt. Usually you will have horrible squealing when at idle. From what we can see in the pics it seems to be consistent wear rib to rib. The only time the belt is in contact with the bottom of the primary is when your RPM is below engagement. I still say towed with the belt on.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you have the belt too tight you can get some localized wear on the underside of the belt. Usually you will have horrible squealing when at idle. From what we can see in the pics it seems to be consistent wear rib to rib. The only time the belt is in contact with the bottom of the primary is when your RPM is below engagement. I still say towed with the belt on.

that would explain the water on the primary sheave.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

The wear isn't consistent across the rib. It's badly worn on one side and no wear on the other.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SRXtreme

Reaction score
Your shafts are not parallel to begin with. Also your belt is too tight, it should not be wearing the inside of the belt. If the first picture is one side of the belt and the second is the other side, you have more alignment issues. The one side of the belt is eating at the cords..................SRXtreme

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think some of you guys need glasses, that's water on the face of his clutch. As for the inside wear, it looks like you got towed without taking the belt off or maybe a real long coast down a mountain with the engine off.
I couldn't get pic any bigger with phone for some reason, after using laptop and zoom in yes water forsure

What about the sheave plastic stopper inside the primary, either missing or worn out, letting belt wear on the shaft

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your motor mounts. Your primary is twisting at engagement I would say which is causing the one side of the lower belt to come into contact with the Primary. On a positive note, clutch temp looks to be good; belt sides are a nice green, and not black from heat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom