what type of oil?

mechyannick

Reaction score
just curious to see what you guys are using for oil? this is my first cat, had yamaha, ski-doo previously, been using lucas semi-synthetic racing oil and had great result/no problem at all, wondering if i should still keep what worked well for me, any though/idea/recomendation?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had very good luck Sno ultra shell in my M8 07 1300 miles inspected the pistons and not 1 scratch on them

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was using Cat APV synthetic, but found the power valves to be quite gummy (they are aftermarket STM valves). Switched to Shell Advance Ultra, no issues since. I used to run it in my Doos, too.

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
Hey My friend my .02 cents I was running Amsoil Interceptor in my 09 M1000 found my Powervalves gumming up. Recently switched to Blue Marble My power valves are shinny clean. No complaints sled worked great all weekend in the mountains and its cheaper then Amsoil, Mountain Magic carries it.

oly

Reaction score
I run Amsoil Dominator. $35 a jug and it keeps everything lubed right up.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to run amsoil interceptor in my 05 rev and it seeemed to work just fine. I run the arctic cat apv in my 09 m8 because thats what was in it when i bought it.

Jayste

Reaction score
I use the Shell Ultra, I thought I read on one of the forums a while ago, that Shell makes the Cat oil, not sure? But it looks the same and smells the same, the power valves look good, its cheaper and you can find it anywhere.

mustard73

Reaction score
Shell Ultra synthetic as well. Canadian Tire carries it and it goes on sale every year late fall/early winter.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using the Spectro full syn. In my cat and no problems at all.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
synthetic apv in mine, but the problem I find with cat oil is that it brings me back to the dealor and I end up buying other stuff when i'm there lol

Reactions: oly

snowdingo

Reaction score
A good oil will work in all machines, the manufacturer doesn't matter. I'm all for a quality full synthetic, especially for motors with exhaust valves (the mineral oil always seems to gum these up). If you are comfortable with your current oil, I see no reason to change.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started running Spectro after new motor was put in haven't had a propblem yet, but it is doo

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
I'm running redline, works as good as any other full syn of the same rating. Seems to keep my power valves relatively clean over time. Pick one and run it. They are generally all the same.

Top Bottom