What to do when you have a Cold & Flu

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Might as well just fill up the page with nonsense, and keep trying to spend some quality time with a bottle of crown:shots:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Home made chicken noodle soup a fifth of whiskey and a good ol romp in the sack. Should get rid of that nasty old bug.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awww. I just love you guys!. Ok.
Step one put socks on. No bare feet allowed! If you have a snotty nose you can rub eucalyptus oil mixed with olive oil over your feet, that will help with conjestion. Use vicks if you don't have eucalyptus oil. Zinc and vitamin C are important. I pick elderberries and make a syrup out of it for the kids. You can get it at a health food store, would be called sambucol, elderberries are great for boosting your immune system. I run the kids baths with lavender/eucalyptus. If you are snotty, don't use dairy products! I make the kids and Sleddingdad all kinds of soup when they are sick. A special broth if you have a pukey kind of flu is. Use the peelings from organic potatoes and carrots (about 2 of each) garlic, onion and a bit of grated up ginger. Put a tablespoon of salt and a few cups of water then simmer for a half an hour. This is good to settle the stomach and get a bit of hydration and strength back in ya.
A netti pot is really good for cleaning out the sinuses. It looks like a little watering can that you fill with a saline solution. You stick the spout up your nose and pour the water in which flushes out your sinuses. Not too fun but it works.
I hope you feel better!
Mom

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Step one put socks on. No bare feet allowed! If you have a snotty nose you can rub eucalyptus oil mixed with olive oil over your feet, that will help with conjestion. Use vicks if you don't have eucalyptus oil. Zinc and vitamin C are important. I pick elderberries and make a syrup out of it for the kids. You can get it at a health food store, would be called sambucol, elderberries are great for boosting your immune system. I run the kids baths with lavender/eucalyptus. If you are snotty, don't use dairy products! I make the kids and Sleddingdad all kinds of soup when they are sick. A special broth if you have a pukey kind of flu is. Use the peelings from organic potatoes and carrots (about 2 of each) garlic, onion and a bit of grated up ginger. Put a tablespoon of salt and a few cups of water then simmer for a half an hour. This is good to settle the stomach and get a bit of hydration and strength back in ya.
A netti pot is really good for cleaning out the sinuses. It looks like a little watering can that you fill with a saline solution. You stick the spout up your nose and pour the water in which flushes out your sinuses. Not too fun but it works.
I hope you feel better!
Mom

:bow: you are the best...

But I don't think that I'll put anything on me that starts with; eu :hmm:

I do like the sounds of the homemade brew, using the peelings, and garlic and onion.

Socks and over dressed for indoors today. No worries there.

Thanks MOM:friends:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you feel better!
Mom

Sleddingdad is one lucky dude.

We love having you on the site mom:d:d.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No riding today for us I'm afraid. Sleddingdad has a sore throat. Made a big pot of borsht. Looks like we'll be taking some of the above advice.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hot rum toddies, sweet and sour soup and lots of heavy weight clothing to sweat it out. One night of DEEEP, sweaty sleep and the flu is gone.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
what i do is a totally different route= Visit to a medicine man(lucky to have one for an uncle)drink some tea that he boils up(ingredients can be found everywhere(we all probly quad/sled by/ontop of them), sleep and next day your back to brand new. Haven't had any prescription drugs or doctors since i was 5(doctos only for physicals=uuuugh,coff)

But what i heard from the s&m mom is fantastic, Not that many moms give out their trade secrets but when they do , gather round ,unplug your ears and make mental notes. "Moms ALWAYS know best":d

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what i do is a totally different route= Visit to a medicine man(lucky to have one for an uncle)drink some tea that he boils up(ingredients can be found everywhere(we all probly quad/sled by/ontop of them), sleep and next day your back to brand new. Haven't had any prescription drugs or doctors since i was 5(doctos only for physicals=uuuugh,coff)

But what i heard from the s&m mom is fantastic, Not that many moms give out their trade secrets but when they do , gather round ,unplug your ears and make mental notes. "Moms ALWAYS know best":d

Would love to know the secret formula.

Top Bottom