what oil you guys runnen in ur etecs

schiermnultra

Reaction score
Hahaha riding a doo must cause brain damage. lmao ever read any oil studies there are plenty that are as good or better

Oil studies? The ones carried out by the oil brand themselves? Nope, don't read them. All that is is good marketing. And if riding a doo causes brain damage then what do riding a cat or polaris cause. i would have to say the doo is the cleanest burning sled of them all. Besides who cares how good they say, im sure there are alot of good oils out there but if a problem arises and push comes to shove BRP is only going to pull through on warranty if their recommended oil was being used.

Harp

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents.

Spectro Platinum Syn-Sno Powervalve Formula.
This low-pour (-42F) PAO full synthetic lubricant keeps power valves and exhaust systems deposit-free. No brand burns cleaner; virtually smokeless. It can also be used as a racing pre-mix oil. Top performance in Rotax snowmobile engine tests. Meets all known manufacturers’ warranty requirements. Exceeds JASO FD, ISO L-EGD+ and API TC.

For use in (any year, no restrictions) – Two cycle Arctic Cat, Polaris, Yamaha, and Ski-Doo snowmobile Engines, including power valve and E-TEC Motors.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil studies? The ones carried out by the oil brand themselves? Nope, don't read them. All that is is good marketing. And if riding a doo causes brain damage then what do riding a cat or polaris cause. i would have to say the doo is the cleanest burning sled of them all. Besides who cares how good they say, im sure there are alot of good oils out there but if a problem arises and push comes to shove BRP is only going to pull through on warranty if their recommended oil was being used.

If BRP will not warrantee a defect because you didn't use their oil the manufacturer of the oil you used would sue them. Cat dealer tried to tell my bro that ten years ago until they got the letter from Shell showing the lab results of Shell oil vs Arctic cat oil and a caution of a lawsuit .

He had a new crate engine in two days. lol

And as HARP posted there are lots of oils that meet the warrantee requirement of the manufacturers. I ride a Cat and use Spectro Platinum APV oil because i like it not because some dummy at the dealership told me to.

Manatee

Reaction score
Just bought my first Etec. a 12 SP. Was reading the manual, and BRP recommends EITHER Full Syn OR Semi Syn.
Is this correct? I have about 4 jugs of Semi from my 08, so if I can run it, I will. But if not, I'll suck up the few bucks and by the Full Syn.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought my first Etec. a 12 SP. Was reading the manual, and BRP recommends EITHER Full Syn OR Semi Syn.
Is this correct? I have about 4 jugs of Semi from my 08, so if I can run it, I will. But if not, I'll suck up the few bucks and by the Full Syn.

If your 12 has only ever had Full ran in it, I would stick with Full.

Chances of anything ever happening are limited but the Full Syn does coat the internals very well, maybe just piece of mind but I am sure you could flog the semi onto a riding buddy.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP SYNTHETIC...IF what they say about it is true it's worth every penny (just dont' let the jug hit a screw sticking out of your box liner and have it leak $80 dollars worth of oil all over the back of your truck)

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
brp syn, who cares if other oils are cheaper, dont most of us make enough money for the extra 10-20 dollars for a jug of oil???

Hurricane

Reaction score
I run BRP semi-synthetic in my 2012 X 163", my dealer told me thats the way to go, no need for full synthetic on stock motor. They are the number 1 dealer for customer satisfaction in Canada and #5 in North America. good enough for me...no issues in 1100km on the '12. just my $0.02

Top Bottom