what oil you guys runnen in ur etecs

chevy

Reaction score
Ive always ran the motule oil in my ptecs. But just purchased a 2012 etec. Just wondern what your runnen in your etecs?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo guys will tell you they run BRP Syn in their Etecs...

Polaris guys will tell you to run the cheapest oil possible as its all the same...I think VES Gold allows you to walk on water :p

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
I think most guys run Brp synthetic, but i think until anyone has a 3 or more years on their e-tec you wont see many guys experimenting with other oils out of fear. Don't want to loose their warranty for very little gains. How much would you save buying any other synthetics anyway?

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one and ONLY, BRP synthetic. You bought a machine with the best motor on the snow........... so why not run the best oil?!

Hahaha riding a doo must cause brain damage. lmao ever read any oil studies there are plenty that are as good or better

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do these always have to be the same bullch!t my oil is better than your oil thread. Just answer the question what oil do you use in your etec. Dont have an etec? No need to post. No need to explain the same ch!t you have in other posts about how your oil is better then everything else neither.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do these always have to be the same bullch!t my oil is better than your oil thread. Just answer the question what oil do you use in your etec. Dont have an etec? No need to post. No need to explain the same ch!t you have in other posts about how your oil is better then everything else neither.

Did you not get some last night?

Oil threads are like manufacture threads or even track length threads, can threads, goggle threads, helmet threads and so on. If Poo does really well with their belt drive it will be the next big debate.

Oil threads do tend to have way more various answers. My KTM's come with motorex. I continue to use it as I do not see any negatives to it. And I am not saving huge amounts of dollars by using something cheaper.

Same goes for sled oil. How much does the average guy save by not running BRP full syn or Poo's VES Gold?

I know I bought 20 litres in bulk last winter at $10/ltr. Pretty good if you ask me. Then the remaining 1 gallon jugs were bought at a discount. Likely 10 of those. I can not remember now.

This year I will just try and buy more in bulk.

Does it matter if someone chooses to run a specific oil for piece of mind? BRP oil certainly isn't hurting.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always had the attitude oil is oil until I had multiple motors apart and could see the difference oil makes. Rave valves especially. They barely move running amsoil after a few thousand k.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I have always run BRP Synthetic...Why???

Simple answer, the dealership who will be doing my warranty work and/or service recommended ONLY this oil, its available at my dealer, its nearly the same price as any other oil, so why look for an alternative? Maybe im just lazy, but it seems to make way more sense to me...

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i couldnt afford a new sled, and was doing all my own repair (or "warranty work") i bought what was a legit oil and affordable
now that im in a position to own a nice shiney new sled ... ill run the "expensive" doo oil
I dont want to have ANY warranty issues should I need work done
regardless of the whole "they have to provide it to not warranty it" attitude

if i have a piston do gown or something silly and the dealer needs to get the warranty work approved, and the rep or warr dept asks about my oil .... its going to be BRP oil all day

Top Bottom