What makes a sled flickable?

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering also. Pretty lame terminology. I think it means the same thing as training wheels but not sure. Ask burandt

There were people on here that spoke of flickability. It was all the rage of the newer sleds.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rick-relative1.bmp
Flickable?

sledwhore

Reaction score
Get your skies five feet in the air an then I can swing my weiner to where I wanna go

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can come up 4-6 inches under full acceleration. Which I think might be close to 4gs off the line.
I dont believe it with all that arm yanking power, Come ride with me this winter, Im looking for some one that has a sled that cant wheelie much and enjoys pulling me out.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a floppy edged track would make a sled flickable.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flickable:
Term used by people to sound overly sophisticated when describing the handling of a motorcycle or snowmobile

flick 1 (flk)
n.
a. A light quick blow, jerk, or touch: a flick of the wrist; gave my horse a flick with the reins.
b. The sound accompanying this motion.
2. A light splash, dash, or daub.
v. flicked, flick·ing, flicks
v.tr.
1. To touch or hit with a light quick blow: flicked him with his hand. See Synonyms at brush1.
2. To cause to move with a light blow; snap: flicked the light switch on.
3. To remove with a light quick blow: flicked the lint off the coat.
v.intr.
To twitch or flutter.
[Imitative.]
flicka·ble adj.

Meyer907

Reaction score
I think a lot of that depends on what the prevous sled was.

My story started off on a 03 (yes i started late in life) 03 arctic cat 1m had it for 3 years, got a 08 skidoo xp and thought that was the leaps and bounds better, it handled better and I actually felt good when i got to the good stuff as opposed to being completly spent on the cat. A 09 polaris 700 rmk fell in my lap and even though it lacked the power of the xp (make sure you read FOR ME in this part) it made up for it in the handling. Fast forward I have a 12 freeride on the way as i type this about a week out give or take and I am hoping it will handle close to the poo but have the power I missed.

All of them were more "flickable" / easier to ride than the prevous IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom