Driveway Gates

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are folks using for driveway gates?
Prices range from $2G to over $10G.
Just curious as to what folks are using. Custom built or DIY.
Thanks in advance.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was shopping around for gates for a while, I have decided to build one myself.

I need it 17 feet, so it would have to be custom anyways $$$ and you pay a lot for what it is.

(those uncle wiener ones are a good price if they fit for you)

So going to buy the material tomorrow actually and get started on it right away.

I like welding and fabricating though.

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
What are folks using for driveway gates?
Prices range from $2G to over $10G.
Just curious as to what folks are using. Custom built or DIY.
Thanks in advance.
if your in Edmonton and area stay away from phoenix fence. There installation was awful and a mess, They ended up changing many things from the operators due to welders spray to sensors. Had to remove gate and reweld it twice then the posts sunk and gates hit the ground so hard I had to rip it out and redo it. I think they spent 4 days longer to get this fixed and the welds were so bad and all got very rusty fast. They welded on a powder coated gates and made a big mess. Redid myself works great.

So I have double gates with dual liftmaster operators and a controller. Includes a wifi controller that connects to my cell phone. I mounted the gates to steel posts that I welded to c-channel bolted to my block, cement filled columns with rebar cage 2’ cylinder down 16’ below grade. That column was there on original install but the installers and there guys assured me that this was better. I didn’t agree however it’s better now. Not a great subject for me as I and many others spent too much time shoveling my gate in snow. Put it up 10” from the grade. No less.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not fancy by any means but I have the typical "hi hog" farm gates with a Ghost controls TDS2 opener. No idea what it cost as it came with the acreage but its pretty handy, basically works like a garage door opener. Obviously anything can be disabled if thieves want in bad enough but its nice to have an extra layer of deterrent. Also handy for nosy neighbors that want to stop in and chit chat every time they drive past

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The uncle weiner ones are light metal, I went and looked at them as I was going to replace mine due to the crummy work. They are half the gate that I had from phoenix.

light metal means no good? I was thinking to pick one up too

Top Bottom