WHAT FUEL MIX SOULD I RUN??

tanner

Reaction score
My 02 800 polairs port&polish, twin pipes, himarker head. 140 compression. I do run all av gas but would 50/50 av/race be better?? Would more compression make that much differance on HP if it makes that much diff I will get the head cut before I leave on fridey to Valemount. Next? how much to cut / 10 psi compression? ( How do you figure out comp ratio?)

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
google compression ratio calculator there are some easy ways to figure it out on these calculators, you just type in your numbers and at the end it spits out your comp ratio;)

edge8

Reaction score
If you got the cash run all av. gas. I also have 02 800 with heads pipe a bit more. 155 compression, I was running 50/50 regular/VP111, cut it back to 60/40 regular/VP111, just to strech it out. Runs good the octane # worked out to be 94 or 96. Hope this helps

Edge out

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running AV gas doesn't do much morew than PREM fuel does.... I dont carte what people say, i've talked to people that fly planes and know fuel... Do you want to be running something in your sled that is designed to be run at aminimum of 10,000ft, as avgas is..., Av gas is alot dryer tham prem or race fuel... From what you where saying i think you'd only have to add like v3G of vp111 per tank... The 860 kit's that we do which run a 14.1:1 comp ratio... 145psi comp on a new, non-broke-in motor.. We tell people to run 2-3G of vp111 per tank.. They dont have a prolem... If you bring in a jerry can we'll pump some for you or you can buy a barrel.. The barrell's of av gas are only like 30-40 bucks cheaper a drum than vp 111, so as far as i'm concerned whats the point of even bothering with av.....

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glengine have you ever checked the comp on a BROKE in 860????

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havnt acyually.. But the kits that wedo only run at 14.1:1.. Have a guy bringing his in next week for a bunch more stuff to get put on his sled i'll check and let you know.. I know with the kits we've done people run 2-3G of vp111 in a tank. They fill the rest of the tank with prem..

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do know if your mixture is mixed 20litres at a time 2-3g is 50/50 or more. 20litres= 5gallons. So is the mix 2-3g in a 20litre can or a full 30-40litre tank on a sled??????

P.S the reason I ask about being BROKE IN is typically as an engine breaks in the compression actually goes up as the rings fully seat to the cylinder walls. So a new engine @14:1 will most likely end up at 14:5 or maybe even 15:1 once broke in. Food for thought

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do know if your mixture is mixed 20litres at a time 2-3g is 50/50 or more. 20litres= 5gallons. So is the mix 2-3g in a 20litre can or a full 30-40litre tank on a sled??????

P.S the reason I ask about being BROKE IN is typically as an engine breaks in the compression actually goes up as the rings fully seat to the cylinder walls. So a new engine @14:1 will most likely end up at 14:5 or maybe even 15:1 once broke in. Food for thought

When i was refering to 2-3G per tank.. I meant the gas tank on the sled which is usually 10G So it would be 2-3G per 10G tank... Last time i checked there werent any tanks on mountain sleds that were 5G.... Also how is the compresion ratio of a head going to change when a motor is broke in or not.. the compression will change yes, it will go up once it is broke in.. But i should just go up to what the whole set-up was designed to be at..

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did my post CONFUSE you??? Last time I CHECKED i didnt post a 5g tank on a sled, I also didnt post ANYTHING about a comp ratio going UP on a head as an engine breaks in. Please Glengine continue building sleds PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE, its GREATLY APPRECIATED:eek:

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
Did my post CONFUSE you??? Last time I CHECKED i didnt post a 5g tank on a sled, I also didnt post ANYTHING about a comp ratio going UP on a head as an engine breaks in. Please Glengine continue building sleds PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE, its GREATLY APPRECIATED:eek:

do i sense some animosity here.:yeahthat:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.S the reason I ask about being BROKE IN is typically as an engine breaks in the compression actually goes up as the rings fully seat to the cylinder walls. So a new engine @14:1 will most likely end up at 14:5 or maybe even 15:1 once broke in. Food for thought[/QUOTE FROM DEANO 670]

You claim that you said it wouldnt change comp. ratio??? I dont understand??? I agree that the compression will go up, but it should only go up to what it was originally designed for which would be the 14:1 ...But i do see what you have about the fuel tank.. My error i guess.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All I can say is.........Sno Check or Big Bore??????????????????????
Decisions?Decisions?
All this Info is PRICELESS!
catmando!

Attachments

• 200803020003.jpg
    200803020003.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 92

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant say forsure:D There are more pics of some other work in the THUNDERBUNNY is up and running

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
me and friend did a port and polish job and shaved the heads on oour indy 340 go kart motor havent tested it out yet but should be fun

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm yeah sled engines in go carts Funny story hehe its a BAD IDEA, way to fast one could say uncontrolable. I put one of my 670's in a gocart once, good in a straight line but didnt corner so well and Im thinkin now lookin back on it better BRAKES woulda kept me outa the sticks too:sadbanana::eek:

Top Bottom