running race fuel mix?

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Nothing wrong with AV gas aside from being a tad drier of a fuel. Run good quality oil and have your oil injection turned up which you should anyways on a turbo application and you're just fine.
Damn that dry avgas. Do airplanes add oil to their gas? They should if dry gas is going to cause engine issues. Maybe head on down to the airport and let all the pilots know that they need oil in their gas. Think of how many less plane crashes there would be. I think you are on to something here.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, that explains everything LOL....you really took it up there.
When i ran VP i premixed all my fuel at home so i never needed to do it at the parking lot or at a gas station. I went through 1 1/2 barrels a season of VP C12 and would fill that sled up at home and mix enough for how much riding i would do, it was very easy that way. Plus my spare.
Like EZsmoke brought up, a dedicated container works best and you don't want to store in the container for long periods but use it as a transfer only, this also hold true for your spare fuel, i would cycle through that fuel also every time to keep fresh in it.

One of the biggest advice i give to guys running these compression number's, even with race fuel, at low elevation take it easy on the throttle and never run at a steady throttle, if your going to lock up this is where it will happen. At elevation your compression ratio will lower to much more safer ranges and WOT will be ok.
Do you have any monitoring gauge's on the sled? Like EGT or O2, if you don't you should.

Yeah have EGT sensors on it that was a must. Have head lots with big bores that lock it up on the trail up. Was thinking of running 50% c111 and pump gas. That should be enough I feel.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah have EGT sensors on it that was a must. Have head lots with big bores that lock it up on the trail up. Was thinking of running 50% c111 and pump gas. That should be enough I feel.

Do you have the ability to adjust fuel?

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah have a power commander with a map that has been refined over 4 others sleds ( not mine) and will have a laptop with me the first coupe rides to make changes as needed. if you mean adjust my mixture if needed could go full race if needed but would rather not $$$

Top Bottom