What do you wear when quadding?

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have a store in Edmonton, near the Provincial Museum. One in Calgary, and they are on-line also.

The goretex boots I picked up in Kalispell Montana, two pair over the years for about a hundred bucks a pair. Feet stay dry and warm, but not too hot. Not sweaty and cold like rubber boots. Wholesale sports would have them, maybe Campers Village. Women's sizes in a higher boot height are more scarce, so when I see them, I buy them.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Where is Mountain Equipment Co-op, Sledgirl? Can you tell me a bit more about the gortex boots?

There is one Downtown.

Edmonton

12328 – 102 Avenue NW
Tel: 780.488.6614

FoxxyS

Reaction score
Aside from always wearing my helmet, my pants, my jersey, gloves and quadding boots.. I have a tip for the LADIES of the group: If you plan on riding hard for a few days in a row, I highly recommend NOT wearing your 'string! Under jeans is ok, but with sweat pants or yoga pants is a definite NO NO!! OUCHIES.
FoxxyS

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aside from always wearing my helmet, my pants, my jersey, gloves and quadding boots.. I have a tip for the LADIES of the group: If you plan on riding hard for a few days in a row, I highly recommend NOT wearing your 'string! Under jeans is ok, but with sweat pants or yoga pants is a definite NO NO!! OUCHIES.
FoxxyS

Great tip I will remember that for next time....lol, but it might be alright if you ride the quad side saddle!...:D

skeeter

Reaction score
Thanks for the info re Mountain Equipment, Sledgirl and Tyler. I'll check it out when I get to the city. But about the boots tho ... (I have never seen them) are they lightweight, compared to rubber boots?

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are hiking boots, they can be lightweight without a steel toe. I have a pair by this manufacturer, similar to these that were on sale for about $80 at the sporting goods store in Kalispell......too good a buy to pass up. My other pair I've had for 12 years or so, worn lots, and they are still in great shape.
A good pair of boots will last a long time if taken care of. I nearly never wear rubber boots, my feet sweat and freeze in them.

Here are a few links.

LOWA Boots USA / Show Tahoe GTX Lady Boot

They also give your foot great support, and are comfortable for walking in.

Danner also makes great boots, worn by a lot of Police staff.

Cabela's also has a good selection, online.
Cabela's Online Store

skeeter

Reaction score
I just checked out Cabelos online and I can see I need to check this out in person. thanks again, Sledgirl.

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't blame me if it costs you $$$$$$!!!! Really, though....comfort is everything, good gear lasts if you take good care of it, and it's not like sleds and ATV's come cheap these days.

Incidentally, if you get a new (or new-to-you) sled this year, move the tool pouch to the left side (if it isn't already) to avoid standing on the exhaust side and burning your jacket while checking your plugs, or other things. Nothing smells like melting new Goretex.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good tip Sledgirl I think there are more than a few of us sledders that have branded our jacket on the hot exhaust. Thanks

tsjonger

Reaction score
TylerG - buy the gear - I ride in Alpine Sport boots (a must if riding a geared machine, plus they keep your feet dry and clean). Any MX Jersey type shirt (keeps you clean and dry and wash like a rag) and any type of MX pant (you can pressure wash them after better then putting them through the washing machine and they dry quickly if you do get them wet) ,a helmet and MX gloves.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
TylerG - buy the gear - I ride in Alpine Sport boots (a must if riding a geared machine, plus they keep your feet dry and clean). Any MX Jersey type shirt (keeps you clean and dry and wash like a rag) and any type of MX pant (you can pressure wash them after better then putting them through the washing machine and they dry quickly if you do get them wet) ,a helmet and MX gloves.

don't need it now. The ride is long over with. See pics here: wore cheap rain pants, rubber boots, mechanics gloves, and just a beer store t-shirt (t-shirt has sense been thrown out). Was an awesome time.

Once we buy quads I'll invest in proper gear for myself and my other (not always better) half.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Checked out the pics they are great - when was the trip ?

that was July 20 - 22 out at Bembo's Post Camp south of Hinton, we will be doing another campout next year. Not sure if I'll be able to attend as renting 2 quads would be VERY expensive.

Are you coming out to Average Joe's tomorrow night in Sherwood Park, 7:30pm?????

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
we all meet up have a few beers, shoot some BS.... its a good time.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Would be a good time - but quite a drive from where I live - why so far east ?

thats a question I ask every month :) I live out by beach corner so its a bit of a cruise for me as well.

Vandodger

Reaction score
I usually ride in the mud and you're going to get wet and covered in mystery crap so i think your best bet is a good pair of coveralls, riding gloves, Merrel shoes with Goretex, and of course a Helmet. that last one is just common sense

Top Bottom