Well, Just My Luck

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
There I was, happy to be shmoozing a good deal on some old stock boots for doing "stuff" around the yard with. Nice Truk boots. Being the crafty devil I surely think I am (in my own mind) I was feeling pretty good. They looked good, felt good, even had that new boot/gear kinda smell. The first big snowfall we had I figured I would try them out while I did the snowplowing and general messing around on the quad. I get about 2/3 done plowing and the winch stops retracting. Running but not reeling in. Damn! Ok, I can deal with this so I figure I can work it so I can do lots of increasing radius circles in the big areas and around the house to finish the job. No prob. I have a strong resolve as I hop on the quad, click it in low 4X4 and spin the meaty grippy tires taking off! As I Implement the start my clever endeavour of doing circles and more circles, throwing the snow all over I notice only one hand warmer is working. Double damn! It's bloody cold out! Well, I decide to take a break anyways cause I'm getting dizzy and my one hand is freezing cold and that's when I notice my right foot is wet. What the?!?!? Double triple damn! Only one boot is waterproofed? Ugh. I wonder If anyone heard me screaming and cursing in the cold still night? I remember my eyes quickly shiftily looking left and right for my lead hammer to softly beat something with...Hmmmm...Note to self, don't move back to the city or neighbours will think I'm nuts (which I probably am) I just don't want them to THINK I am. Even crazy people have standards ya know.

As it always does, time passes...about a minute, and I get back on the quad and finish the job, mumbling things inside my helmet and cursing anyone and everyone who had anything to do with boots, hand warmers and winches. When I was done I had a wet foot, a cold hand and a blade dragging on the ground. Sigh...What else can go wrong? As I hit the opener for the big garage door I hear a "bang!" and the door slowwwwly, reluctantly goes up. one of the springs broke wayyyyy up at the top of the door. Ugh....

Attachments

• IMG_6469.jpg
    IMG_6469.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
There I was, happy to be shmoozing a good deal on some old stock boots for doing "stuff" around the yard with. Nice Truk boots. Being the crafty devil I surely think I am (in my own mind) I was feeling pretty good. They looked good, felt good, even had that new boot/gear kinda smell. The first big snowfall we had I figured I would try them out while I did the snowplowing and general messing around on the quad. I get about 2/3 done plowing and the winch stops retracting. Running but not reeling in. Damn! Ok, I can deal with this so I figure I can work it so I can do lots of increasing radius circles in the big areas and around the house to finish the job. No prob. I have a strong resolve as I hop on the quad, click it in low 4X4 and spin the meaty grippy tires taking off! As I Implement the start my clever endeavour of doing circles and more circles, throwing the snow all over I notice only one hand warmer is working. Double damn! It's bloody cold out! Well, I decide to take a break anyways cause I'm getting dizzy and my one hand is freezing cold and that's when I notice my right foot is wet. What the?!?!? Double triple damn! Only one boot is waterproofed? Ugh. I wonder If anyone heard me screaming and cursing in the cold still night? I remember my eyes quickly shiftily looking left and right for my lead hammer to softly beat something with...Hmmmm...Note to self, don't move back to the city or neighbours will think I'm nuts (which I probably am) I just don't want them to THINK I am. Even crazy people have standards ya know.

As it always does, time passes...about a minute, and I get back on the quad and finish the job, mumbling things inside my helmet and cursing anyone and everyone who had anything to do with boots, hand warmers and winches. When I was done I had a wet foot, a cold hand and a blade dragging on the ground. Sigh...What else can go wrong? As I hit the opener for the big garage door I hear a "bang!" and the door slowwwwly, reluctantly goes up. one of the springs broke wayyyyy up at the top of the door. Ugh....

Booze......it's the only answer.

Top Bottom