What do you wear when quadding?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just thought it would be interesting to see the different "outfits" people wear when they head out on the quads. Well this is dual purpose, its also so I pack the right stuff for the Snowandmud.com campout.

In the past I've always just gone in jeans and runners, never wore a helmet or gloves, last year when we went I still didn't wear a helmet but I had a long sleeved t-shirt, mechanics gloves, hiking boots and jeans on. Do a lot of people ride in rubber boots and rain pants? just rubber boots? or do they just suck it up when their shoes get wet?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweats and t shirt and go to canadian tire and get a wetskins rainsuit and some rubber boots or you could go hardcore and get hip waiters but they are hot as hell when its warm out!Gloves are good and bring a couple pair!
Last but not least!
Smelling salt for when your gonna hit the big one LOL!
catmando!

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Catman, I will get some wetskins for sure :)

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well when not hitting the mud
just my fox jersey, pair of old runners and some wind pants!
Helmet, and a pair of fox gloves.
Nothing special to say the least!

I'm still looking for a good pair of rain pants of something for hitting the big mud holes! (or riding in the rain)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HEY TG: IF THE WEATHER IS CO-OPERATING LIKE IT IS THESE DAYS @ +30*, THEN I WOULD THINK THE ONLY WAY TO GO IS IN THE "BUFF":eek:..... I'M SURE RON, AND KITTYKATMAN AND SLEDDERGLEN ETC., WOULDN'T MIND. I'M ALSO SURE THEY WOULDN'T MIND IF YOUR GIRLFRIEND WAS WITH YOU IN THE "RAW" AS WELL. WOW, I AM GONNA MISS A GOOD TIME, EH?? TEEHEE.... LOL:rolleyes:

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
HEY TG: IF THE WEATHER IS CO-OPERATING LIKE IT IS THESE DAYS @ +30*, THEN I WOULD THINK THE ONLY WAY TO GO IS IN THE "BUFF":eek:..... I'M SURE RON, AND KITTYKATMAN AND SLEDDERGLEN ETC., WOULDN'T MIND. I'M ALSO SURE THEY WOULDN'T MIND IF YOUR GIRLFRIEND WAS WITH YOU IN THE "RAW" AS WELL. WOW, I AM GONNA MISS A GOOD TIME, EH?? TEEHEE.... LOL:rolleyes:

hahaha, no thanks, tree branches and stuff like that hurt enough through clothing let alone on bare skin. And my girlfriend is staying home, this is a weekend away for me!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chest waders and a Football jersy The holes help and if you get the chest waiters big they arnt sooo bad in the heat because they vent alittle.. but ya def hotter than in the buff.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
#1 is always a skid lid fall off a bump on the noggin,or hit with a tree branch miles from help spells disaster. Riding jersey to keep my lilly white skin from burnin and getting scratched up, riding gloves for same reason and to protect the hands from burs on the winch cable cause always pulling cats out;), sweat pants to give the boys some real estate while sitttin all day. And 2nd most important rubber boots because 99% of the time there is a always mud and of coarse 100% of time you have to drive thru it:D cause if you didn't you my-as-well buy a golf cart. Rain gear and and change of clothes or a least socks boots get pretty rank:eek:

HTH

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Camo clothing, with Sent Lock....when hunting its hard to shoulder a rifle with a helmet and googles on!!:D But when not hunting good pair of boots and a helmet......The rest is pretty much not protected.....Chicks Dig The Scars!!!:D

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chest waders and T shirt and rain gear in the box. Waders are hot and sticky if bare underneath so I wear a very thin pair of longjohns. Yea I know must be a pretty sight around the camp when getting ready but thats the price to pay for mud Quadding. When you get to hot just go sit down in the river or creek for a while. If the weather holds till next weekend we might have the First Annual S&M Skinny Dip in the Greg River:eek:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Helmet, googles, riding coat and pants (water proof), gloves (extras in the box), chest protector, rubber boots, and sometimes a kidney belt. Layers underneith are dependent on temperature. A pair of proper riding boots will be in my inventory shortly. Extra pair of rain pants and coat are usually near by.

IMO, riding gear is a personal choice based on comfort, protection, how much you ride, and financial conciderations.

I listed comfort before protection for two reasons: 1) If the gear is not confortable it will not be wore and 2) If it is not confortable, it likely does not fit correctly and therefore does not protect as designed.

The gear I wear on a regular basis totals about $1500 which is not too bad concidering how much I ride.

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear Goretex boots, and a Goretex jacket and pants from Mountain Equipment Co-op. The price was very reasonable for the quality, and I stay dry from the inside and outside. They also have a 100% satisfaction LIFETIME guarantee on the Goretex. I had a pair of pants someone else bought about 18 years ago, that stopped being completely waterproof. I took them in, they tested them, and gave me an in-store credit for the most recent price they could find in their catalogue.

They also offered to repair a zipper or REPLACE a pair of $300 pants, after
9 years, without a receipt.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just go naked !!
Less laundry to do when I get home

BUt those dam misquitoe bites

Good one, but I bet this year you would be able to tell if it was a sun burn or Misquitoe bits!!.....ouch!!:D

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you ride naked it must hurt to be pressure washed off. With the mud,bugs and burn that has to be painfull

cuzican

Reaction score
It depends on the time of year.
Winter time I wear White's snow boots, carhartt insulated bibs, and a carhartt coat. Under my helmet I have a thin hood/mask thing and a nice pair of ski-gloves.

Spring/fall I love to play in the mud so I'll wear my jeans and a tshirt or sweatshirt with a Stearns rainsuit over the top with the pant legs duct taped to my waterproof boots to seal the seam.

Regular summertime just jeans n tshirt, hiking boots, gloves, helmet because its saved my bacon a number of times.

FoxxyS

Reaction score
I always wear a helmet, riding gloves, my alpine star boots, jersey, and pants (either cargo style or racing style.. I prefer the looser cargo style though) and goggles if its dusty. I have a chest protector, but I find my chin piece on my helmet connects with it too much when I look over my shoulder.. so it's gathering dust.
FoxxyS

Top Bottom