What did you order?

Old mtn. man

Reaction score
Ordered the 174 in Black, with the 4 year warranty. I kept my last few sleds for quite along time, so I thought 4 year warranty was the way to go for me. I just turned 60, so this might be the last new one I buy, I hope not though....lol. Iam getting to the point that I need anything that will make my day easier and I think the T3 will do that. If anyone is looking for an `06, 163, with a new 800 motor from ski-doo, with only 250 km`s on it and a ton of other new things on it, send me a message, it is a sled you won`t be disappointed with.

Old mtn. man

Reaction score
Well got my letter in the mail today from ski-doo saying no light weight exhaust or track, but the sled is amazingly the same weight as they said it would be because they exceeded their previous expectations.......Bull S%&T. In the world of moutain sleds, if a manufacturer can save even 1 pound on a sled they use that to down play the opposition big time.....so they keep this large weight savings quiet until now....again I call.... BS. In my opinion they have brought themselves down to the same level as any salesman and politition....say what you have to too make a sale or get elected, then do whatever you want after the fact. I have been a ski-doo owner since 1987, and I say that their integgrety rating just went from a 10 to 4. Yes Iam still going to take my new sled because unlike Ski-doo, salesman and polititions,when I commit to something I actually keep my word. Very VERY sad and dissappointing on their part....IMHO

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well got my letter in the mail today from ski-doo saying no light weight exhaust or track, but the sled is amazingly the same weight as they said it would be because they exceeded their previous expectations.......Bull S%&T. In the world of moutain sleds, if a manufacturer can save even 1 pound on a sled they use that to down play the opposition big time.....so they keep this large weight savings quiet until now....again I call.... BS. In my opinion they have brought themselves down to the same level as any salesman and politition....say what you have to too make a sale or get elected, then do whatever you want after the fact. I have been a ski-doo owner since 1987, and I say that their integgrety rating just went from a 10 to 4. Yes Iam still going to take my new sled because unlike Ski-doo, salesman and polititions,when I commit to something I actually keep my word. Very VERY sad and dissappointing on their part....IMHO

All that for a silencer and a few holes in the track? The main point with the T3 (IMHO) was the 3 x 174" stock track. What they did with anything else didn't f'en matter....:d

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All that for a silencer and a few holes in the track? The main point with the T3 (IMHO) was the 3 x 174" stock track. What they did with anything else didn't f'en matter....:d

Like you said and only your opinion .
BRP were the ones that made it a big deal on the T3 to have the other things not the consumer .
I thought the muffler thing was a joke due to they changed the pipe and everything to make muffler work.
Could you spend anymore money building something. Cheesh

Old man is correct IMHO !!!!

Oh and I am Doo fella but as Old man I see through there bull crap like a lot of others should try to.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kind of agree about the mystery weight savings.
I don't really have a problem with Doo pulling the exhaust from the production models.....
We all knew the prototype sleds were just that. Prototypes.
But please save the sales pitch about them still weighing in the same.
It tell us where you found the extra 5 pound savings......
Jeez, now that I think about it, it's only 5 pounds!!! Kick off a little snow and poof. There's your 5 pounds.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kind of agree about the mystery weight savings.
I don't really have a problem with Doo pulling the exhaust from the production models.....
We all knew the prototype sleds were just that. Prototypes.
But please save the sales pitch about them still weighing in the same.
It tell us where you found the extra 5 pound savings......
Jeez, now that I think about it, it's only 5 pounds!!! Kick off a little snow and poof. There's your 5 pounds.

the preproduction models weighed LESS than the numbers released publicly. this is how they are able to say it still weighs the same. they arent stupid and know that these things happen from prototype testing to manufacturing and they would have a WAY bigger issue on there hands with customers if the sled in fact weighed 5-10lbs more than the numbers they released. these machines are tested well into april/may (after snowcheck completes) and issues can still arise in the testing.

in other words there is no mystery 5 lbs. and like you said thats like kicking the snow off your boards.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the preproduction models weighed LESS than the numbers released publicly. this is how they are able to say it still weighs the same. they arent stupid and know that these things happen from prototype testing to manufacturing and they would have a WAY bigger issue on there hands with customers if the sled in fact weighed 5-10lbs more than the numbers they released. these machines are tested well into april/may (after snowcheck completes) and issues can still arise in the testing.

in other words there is no mystery 5 lbs. and like you said thats like kicking the snow off your boards.

Yeah OK I'm sure they're being honest about the weight just like they did with the RT, the supposed baddest sled on the hill from 10 years ago.

Old mtn. man

Reaction score

No.... the MAIN POINT is that we are not getting what they said we would be getting. Just like me saying that I have a cabin on Lake Koocanusa for sale and once you buy it, you find out it is actually up at Hartley Lake (or pond, as it really is)

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the main point of the t3 was the 3" track option and the front suspension. What skidoo says sucks, and 5lbs doesn't sound like a lot.... But it all adds up to a larger number in the end. I would expect the weight gain to be more than 5lbs. As noted they changed the pipe and silencer, they more than likely had some weight pulled out of the pipe like the aftermarket typically does. Anyone who says weight doesn't mean anything is just lieing to themselves in the mountain game.

And if the prototypes were actually lighter than production models than this is somewhat a false testing for those who demoed. The question there would be how much lighter than production.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah OK I'm sure they're being honest about the weight just like they did with the RT, the supposed baddest sled on the hill from 10 years ago.

oops I thought you said WORST

Carry on.

Top Bottom