What did you Doo to or for your XM today……..

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way, is it normal for the idler wheels to be staggered? For example in the above picture, the right side idlers are in the forward holes and the left side idlers are in the rear holes.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way, is it normal for the idler wheels to be staggered? For example in the above picture, the right side idlers are in the forward holes and the left side idlers are in the rear holes.

yes that is normal for skidoo

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
Just finished mine up 15 minutes ago. I drilled the main bolt for the scratcher 1.5" away from the bolt holding the idler wheel. If I had to do it again, I would have mounted the main scratcher bolt 1.75" away from the idler wheel bolt. Then you will have lots of meat on the rail to hook them up when not using them. Mine work good, but not much safety factor there.

Thank you....thats kinda were I guessed also but wanted to make sure. Looks like Ill be doing that tomorrow. Hopefully I get my skid plate and pre-filter kit tomorrow. Hope to ride it first time this weekend in Vale/Blue

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished mine up 15 minutes ago. I drilled the main bolt for the scratcher 1.5" away from the bolt holding the idler wheel. If I had to do it again, I would have mounted the main scratcher bolt 1.75" away from the idler wheel bolt. Then you will have lots of meat on the rail to hook them up when not using them. Mine work good, but not much safety factor there.

U should of went a few inches ahead

Kind of far back to do anything ????

Mine I used the hole that's open for the spring finger and drilled the hole for the bolt.

Then bolted a bolt at the back with a wide washer to latch the spring into.

It's about 3.5 inches farther ahead on the snow.

Get more snow in front of the rails for lube ect...

from my HTC

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good way to do it. Those scratchers wear grooves in the rails when hooked in. It will look ugly, especially in a couple of years on those painted rails.

Also if it's too far back, the springs hook on the scratchers in the fully compressed stage, and lift the scratchers off of the rails.

Mine I used the hole that's open for the spring finger and drilled the hole for the bolt.

from my HTC

Last edited:

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it will work fine. The snow kicked up by the scratchers is constantly being thrown forward with the track rotation anyways.

I like the idea of putting a stop on the rail to catch the scratcher so it doesn't mess up the rails.

Last edited:

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
..So looking at my sled again, if I could go back in time, I would mount them forward like you guys say. And just throw on a bolt or something to hold them up when not in use. :beer:

Champagne powder

Reaction score

from my HTC

You have a picture Tex?

Champagne powder

Reaction score
Hmm that link will not open for me on tapatalk but worked on the computer! Thanks Brew!

Last edited:
Top Bottom