What did you Doo to or for your XM today……..

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ordered clutch kit from paul
also going to do a full rebuild with all new parts while the clutches are out .. I think I'm due for one at 2400 km

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found the missing wrench that was clipped to my belt guard under the pipe, the same wrench that i thought i should move months ago... Every bump on the trail, ching ching ching, at least it never hit the clutch...

Installed Raptor shocks all around month ago, they work great.. Took some time to dial them in for my weight and riding style - just about found the sweet spot now.. Doesn't seem to wheelie as much and really help out on a bumpy trail, faster you go the smoother it gets..

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dreaming of riding while pipelining at Cynthia, AB... Watching Boondockers9 in the Dodge waiting for a hoe to dig some ditch... sigh*

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found the missing wrench that was clipped to my belt guard under the pipe, the same wrench that i thought i should move months ago... Every bump on the trail, ching ching ching, at least it never hit the clutch...

mine ended up in the clutch, new governor under warranty

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Packed a trail so the Wife and I could go for a nice walk with the dog today!
WoodlandsCounty-20130323-00253_zpsa1293835.jpg

Certainly not BC Mountains, but it was alright. Today was a nice day for a walk too!

Last edited:

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya im curious about the affects it may have on the T-motion....

Rode yesterday in a variety of condition from packed roads to deep fresh and I was really liking the scissor moved back!! Really helps to keep the nose down, but now so much you lose a desirable amount of transfer. Much easier to control, hold a line and allows it to be ridden more aggressively . I didn't think this was necessary or the chassis could be much better but I liked this a lot for my style of riding....I moved the rear scissor back .75". A couple other rode it for a short time and will be doing this to theirs, as their only complaint was the excessive ski lift which also leads to excessive trenching.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode yesterday in a variety of condition from packed roads to deep fresh and I was really liking the scissor moved back!! Really helps to keep the nose down, but now so much you lose a desirable amount of transfer. Much easier to control, hold a line and allows it to be ridden more aggressively . I didn't think this was necessary or the chassis could be much better but I liked this a lot for my style of riding....I moved the rear scissor back .75". A couple other rode it for a short time and will be doing this to theirs, as their only complaint was the excessive ski lift which also leads to excessive trenching.

Do you have a pic of what you have done and is there any drilling involved?

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of what you have done and is there any drilling involved?

No pics, just drilled new holes 3/4" back from where it is now common to the sliderail. Its easy, free and if a guy doesnt like it then just go back to stock holes.
Since this lessens transfer, you may want to experiment with the center shock to get the desired ski pressure and ride.

unimog

Reaction score
Ordered Tom's E-motion kit a week back, will post photo when complete.

unimog

Reaction score
(From Tom's website)
Introducing Toms E-Motion Suspension Kit for all 2013 Summit XM model sleds. 1.Installs in stock suspension locations. This kit incorporates the advantages of the T-Motion for unparalleled sidehilling capability while delivering Toms industry standard jaw dropping ride quality. CAD designed rear parts, expert welding with all parts made in the USA. 8.2lb weight savings through the loss of torsion springs and lighter front track shock. 3.Easy to use, in feild air spring adjustibity with simple spring rate bracketing for an individualized rider preferance setting. 4.Avalible in Red Hammer, Black and Silver Vein.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode her for the 63rd day. New belt finally. Running awesome......:)

What did you do to get 63 days on one belt? Leave it stock including the plastic shroud or did you add venting and clutching mods? How many Kms did you put on in that time?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not my XM...but I did introduce it to a tree cutting a downhill carve a tad too close... :). Will be getting a new bumper and belly pan, lol

tree.jpg

Last edited:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not my XM...but I did introduce it to a tree cutting a downhill carve a tad too close... :). Will be getting a new bumper and belly pan, lol

View attachment 154060

Good luck with the Bumper... They're back ordered until July. I ordered a skinz bumper from Sled Solutions, it came relatively quick (About 1 week).

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Good luck with the Bumper... They're back ordered until July. I ordered a skinz bumper from Sled Solutions, it came relatively quick (About 1 week).

I have found that ordering from the BRP Online Store is soooo much faster than ordering from a dealer. The Online Store checks all the dealers "who subscribe" and have parts. Bingo, it can be had in days.

I don't know why BRP has it set up this way and why all the dealers do not "subscribe" but I like it! It isn't necessary dealer friendly as I may get something from Kelowna, Riverside, or wherever but I get it in a very reasonable time.

Top Bottom