What did you Doo to or for your XM today……..

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the guys wondering about the jerry, I think it might have just been a defect on that individual jerry. I exchanged it for a new one this morning and test fitted it, and the new one pops on and off perfectly (just like it did on the prototype sled I rode). I'll let you know if I have any more issues while riding over the next few days.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed the SlideKicks SuperSingle scratchers with carbide tips from Trax2Tredz (403-866-8729 in Medicine Hat). There is a small hole at the front of the skid that requires a little enlarging, a little blue loc-tite, a couple of wrenches and done.

I found them awesome last year as they always threw up enough chips to doo the job. With the cable, my wife can put them up and down by herself now.

As a bonus, they are reverse compatible…..:D

View attachment 141834

View attachment 141835

I had a set of these on my REV and they work awesome.
But I was concerned about the flex edge coming up too high and rubbing on them. Does this look like it will be an issue?

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed the SlideKicks SuperSingle scratchers with carbide tips from Trax2Tredz (403-866-8729 in Medicine Hat). There is a small hole at the front of the skid that requires a little enlarging, a little blue loc-tite, a couple of wrenches and done.

I found them awesome last year as they always threw up enough chips to doo the job. With the cable, my wife can put them up and down by herself now.

As a bonus, they are reverse compatible…..:D

View attachment 141834

View attachment 141835

Thanks Doug I have now done the same. My dealer put mine on near the rear and well they rubbed on the track so that no good this should be better.

Pilsner

Reaction score
I heard some XM are in for a recall/warranty issue this week, anybody know what exactly is the issue?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I had a set of these on my REV and they work awesome.
But I was concerned about the flex edge coming up too high and rubbing on them. Does this look like it will be an issue?

I don't know. Never even thought about that. When I'm riding, I'm too busy looking between the trees for safe passage and not looking at what's happening down there………you may have a point!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just goes to show that innocence is everywhere.. LOL

You're in the wrong thread. Jump over to the Pro forum (Maybe you're still hurting from the '08 XP driveshaft f'up). Five years later and history repeats it's self.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the guys wondering about the jerry, I think it might have just been a defect on that individual jerry. I exchanged it for a new one this morning and test fitted it, and the new one pops on and off perfectly (just like it did on the prototype sled I rode). I'll let you know if I have any more issues while riding over the next few days.

Kinda got me thinking about this lever deal today. Looked at one closely in the shop and have a theory...It looks to me ice can build up in the receptacle where the stub on the fuel can fits into the base piece. If this were to happen it could freeze and stop the lever from pivoting putting extra strain on the plastic lever causing it to break. What do you guys think that have looked closely at it?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard some XM are in for a recall/warranty issue this week, anybody know what exactly is the issue?

Not a recall per say. Warranty bulletin for faulty dimmer switch on some of the earlier models this fall.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
installed scratchers
removed visible safety stickers, left the white Summit X stickers for now...
installed quick clickers
installed spare belt
Put a heat cycle and 2km on it (lame snow)
found out that it likes to lift the skis!

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put 40 clicks on her

XM = love at first braaap !!

Here's a photo of my wrapped XM vs my buddy's stealth XM.. both look so good
photo (22).jpg

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356296780.985901.jpg
Removed all stickers, installed higher riser, mbrp can, quick clickers, scratchers, tunnel bag and jerry can, BMP y-pipe, micku steep and deep clutch kit, quick clickers, sway-bar disconnect, snow filters, grip-n-rip braces. To do: windshield, skid plate.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 144868
Removed all stickers, installed higher riser, mbrp can, quick clickers, scratchers, tunnel bag and jerry can, BMP y-pipe, micku steep and deep clutch kit, quick clickers, sway-bar disconnect, snow filters, grip-n-rip braces. To do: windshield, skid plate.

To Do Bla Bla Bla needs More tree Bark :)

Top Bottom