Well I am out

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well take care will miss your good input
Maybe you will get the in a year or do ;)

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is unfortunate to hear - the sport needs more responsible ambassadors and less azz hats. I won't deny that I've thought about pulling the pin a few times, but the mountains keep calling me back - there is only two left in our group that have been riding the hills since the early 80's. Every trip entails picking up somebody's garbage and avoiding the warm up cabins due to the strong herbal scents when one walks in the door, and avoiding the "weekend warriors" that ride recklessly and under the influence of various products. It was honestly more fun when the sleds required a rider to get into the backcountry... best wishes to you in the future.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I don't know I kinda like the new sleds VS the 80'vintage units personally. There is lots of places to ride in the mountains where you'll see Nobody..... Maybe you're riding the wrong spots? Side note: Fat kids from fort mac with climb gear and new sleds,,, don't come to the mountains,,,yer not welcome. Yeah there is azzhats on the mountain. Need less of them and less whiners too. Sound kinda like jealousy of guys with nice equipment to me,, what ever I'm Out too...Fawk...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It is nice to be able to hang out in the Kootenay's. A lot less traffic, therefore, less idiots! Also, with less traffic, it is easy to find the less travelled areas and get away from the stupidity. Sorry to hear about you leaving because the more good role models we have the better it will be. Enjoy your future endeavours............:d

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
if your going to quit sledding because of the idiots doing it, you better give up driving, drinking, walking, talking, avoid all social gatherings, park your quad, stop any sports you may do.........

no matter what you do there is some idiot out there that is putting you or someone else in danger. giving up that activity is not the answer, being aware of the danger and avoiding the situation is.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes its unfortunate you have to give up something you care about because of others... also unfortunately there will always be those a holes that don t respect the sport or the mountains.... and they likely dont give two poops about you or any of the rest of us who do care and try to maintain respectable in our actions and support for the industry... enjoy the tundra...no such thing as a bad ride... take care,

T

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
if your going to quit sledding because of the idiots doing it, you better give up driving, drinking, walking, talking, avoid all social gatherings, park your quad, stop any sports you may do.........

no matter what you do there is some idiot out there that is putting you or someone else in danger. giving up that activity is not the answer, being aware of the danger and avoiding the situation is.

Plio has said it well,

at the same time there are always idiots out there doing stupid chit, in the mountains, on trails, in farmers fields, on highways etc.

The saddest part of it all is when you try to educate these people they look at you like you're the idiot and continue on..... at that point, we typically leave the area.

Sad to see you go, it sounds like you've got the right mindset that other sledders could benefit from.

Good Luck :)

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is nice to be able to hang out in the Kootenay's. A lot less traffic, therefore, less idiots! Also, with less traffic, it is easy to find the less travelled areas and get away from the stupidity. Sorry to hear about you leaving because the more good role models we have the better it will be. Enjoy your future endeavours............:d

Exactly what I was going to say. When I was in Alberta, making the 7-9 hour drive out to the popular areas, I got to the point where it was just getting old. The long drive, crowded areas, etc. But then started going to areas off the beaten track. Moved to the koots and its a whole different game now. Tougher riding, great people, untracked areas, 20 minute drive........

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Took the words right outa my mouth.

Guess Ur going to stay and hold the couch down ????

Cause any where , at any time there's a lab rat ready to piss ya off and have fun doing it. Just the way it is. The world needs to purge some and would improve it...

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is true that you can get a lot of places where the masses are not. Especially in my little piece of paradise. I am still going to be there, just a lot more on the skis and touring. I will make sure to join Wildsite :mad: and complain about all the sledders ruining my wilderness experience though:rolleyes:. (as I use a sled for ski access)

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It is true that you can get a lot of places where the masses are not. Especially in my little piece of paradise. I am still going to be there, just a lot more on the skis and touring. I will make sure to join Wildsite :mad: (bunch of hypocrites) and complain about all the sledders ruining my wilderness experience though:rolleyes:. (as I use a sled for ski access)

ahhhhhhhhh, WildSight! Don't you dare.........:D

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you quit... doesn't stupid kind of win?
I'll keep riding as long as I can. I have way too much fun to even think about letting someone else ruin it for me. Find a good group to ride with and enjoy sledding every day.
More of us out there to let new riders, and some not so new, know what's good for the sport and what's not so good. For the people with kids it's even better because you are teaching them the right way to enjoy our sport and they'll teach others in their age group.

shaunster111

Reaction score
With a sport that has blow up in the past few years. It is expected that there will be "retards" doing things like you mentioned that's why it nice to have older guys like you BRR mentoring and a place to do it like snow and mud. It's just as much our fault as it is there's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For us we ride because it is in us.. the desire to ride is so strong, we make concessions to do so. My husband and I don't go out for supper, the bigs (Leo 15 Brook 17) Save money to fuel and oil the sleds. We have fun as husband and wife, as a family, individually with our friends. It is simply our way of being. We don't ride super populated areas. Stick to our closest friends, sometimes we participate in events. But for our family it is what we choose to do.

It sounds like you are choosing what is best for your family. If you look for crap heads.. you'll find them. If you look for serenity, fun, adventure and good peeps. You'll find them too.

Generally speaking there are great peeps to be found in the clubs of the areas you ride. People who care about the terrain, and the sport. Those who are disheartened, think twice before throwing in the towel. There are good peeps everywhere.

Top Bottom