Well I am out

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after years 15 years of sledding, tons of trips, and lots of good times I am out. Sold both sleds, trailer, and deck. Had fun on S&M and there are some genuinely nice people on here but I just can't take the scene any more.

Everywhere I go riding these days it seems I see dumb people showing no respect for the mountains or other back country users. Beer cans left in the alpine, guys high marking with others on the hill, people going through parking lots at 80 km's an hour while my kids are standing there. And mostly people with no experience or skills just generally buying themselves good without any core back country fundamentals. I just can't take watching some drunk fat 19 year from Fort Mac dressed head to toe in Klim high marking under 30 foot cornices anymore..........

I could go on but I won't.

All these experiences have left me with a bad taste for sledding and I see it getting worse every year. So I am out. I am buying a 1985 Tundra and using it just for ski touring access and leaving it at that.

Thanks to everyone who gave me help through a couple of motor re-builds and all sorts of good suggestions on a variety of sled, truck, and trailer related issues.

BRR out!

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That 1985 tundra is gonna haul arse

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go dude. Never met you but I consider you a knowledgeable, hardcore guy, with a ton of backcountry experience. Unfortunately you're the kind of person this sport needs to be sustainable.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya and agree but unfortunately every single aspect of society is full of these types of retards these days, just have to keep your distance from them, don't let some d bags ruin your life and enjoyment of this sport or any sport for that matter.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after years 15 years of sledding, tons of trips, and lots of good times I am out. Sold both sleds, trailer, and deck. Had fun on S&M and there are some genuinely nice people on here but I just can't take the scene any more.

Everywhere I go riding these days it seems I see dumb people showing no respect for the mountains or other back country users. Beer cans left in the alpine, guys high marking with others on the hill, people going through parking lots at 80 km's an hour while my kids are standing there. And mostly people with no experience or skills just generally buying themselves good without any core back country fundamentals. I just can't take watching some drunk fat 19 year from Fort Mac dressed head to toe in Klim high marking under 30 foot cornices anymore..........

All these experiences have left me with a bad taste for sledding and I see it getting worse every year. So I am out. I am buying a 1985 Tundra and using it just for ski touring access and leaving it at that.

Thanks to everyone who gave me help through a couple of motor re-builds and all sorts of good suggestions on a variety of sled, truck, and trailer related issues.

BRR out!
Well chit that sucks man.... I'll be out riding again this year for my 18th season in the mountains and I love every minute of it... So take care eh.:beer:

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
There is a few of us that have sledding for quite a few more years than you have. Yes, it's easy to get disillusioned with the rapid pace of stupidity - but it's always going to be there in any endeavour. The best protection against stupidity is education. We can speak out against stupidity and we should, but that has limited effect on stupid people until they themselves experience a hard lesson. Regardless we can set an example. And it's not that difficult to find the areas less travelled where one can avoid most of the stupidness.

Sorry that you are getting out of the sport. But I must say, in my opinion, if dealing with stupidity is the only reason for getting out of sledding, then we should all quit driving as well. I know far more people in my life that have been killed/injured from stupid drivers than stupid sledders.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

BRR out!
I know what u are talking about my son and me ride together with some great times over the last 10 yrs and we see lots of idiots that have no respect for anyone or anything. I'm getting up in years and I've been real worried about who my son will be riding with and we got lucky and found some really great young fellows out of vegraville who have the same ethics as we do. Rode with some friends in the spring ride and they didn't seem to like our rules of no booze no drugs when u ride with us one guy my age was a little pissed and all I said was if u don't like it ride with someone else. He didn't have a come back and the next day part of the group went home to bad but I'm not going to screw up my day because your ****ed up and I will help u but your not welcome again. But I'm lucky that we have some great guys to ride with and all we try to do is stay away from the idiots who need booze to make them a better rider.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a time in life for everything and the time for everything will pass. Do not let the lack of common sense or manners some display ruin the memories of 18 years of mostly good times. BTW, the A-holes will be worse off without your experience. Enjoy your break and take care.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we all see stupidity as the new trend...... everywhere!!!! you crash you car you get out that's ok I guess:nono:... but you take a poke at a loaded slope or go where you shouldn't be then shame on you.... but before you do that, think about the ride home to tell your family and friends about the great day you just had. Lets make sure that you get to take the ride home and its not in a body bag or in a ambulance and your family gets that call. play smart stay safe.. pretty simple I say and play in the trees... they are there for a reason avalanches don't hit them QUOTE: I WOULD'NT HAVE TO LEARN TO MANAGE MY ANGER, IF IDIOTS LEARN TO MANAGE THERE STUPIDITY .......I love that one jbb

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
their....js
I think we all see stupidity as the new trend...... everywhere!!!! you crash you car you get out that's ok I guess:nono:... but you take a poke at a loaded slope or go where you shouldn't be then shame on you.... but before you do that, think about the ride home to tell your family and friends about the great day you just had. Lets make sure that you get to take the ride home and its not in a body bag or in a ambulance and your family gets that call. play smart stay safe.. pretty simple I say and play in the trees... they are there for a reason avalanches don't hit them QUOTE: I WOULD'NT HAVE TO LEARN TO MANAGE MY ANGER, IF IDIOTS LEARN TO MANAGE THERE STUPIDITY .......I love that one jbb

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been on em for 40 yrs and cant imagine a season without it. Sorry peeps jaded you on the sport but as mentioned in above posts their everywhere and way more on the road than in the hills.

Top Bottom