Website

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Why did the percent meter go down??

I had originally set it to 100 as I was setting up this then I put it at 200 posts. 100 posts is very easy to have and half the members would be vip's so now you have to type a little to get there..

But its worth it..

I am new to this website stuff as well, I improve things get rid of things and change things on a daily basis..

RON

diggers

Reaction score
ron thanks for putting the time in to maintain this site. wisdom and guidence could be given to the snow angels asa board as there is a lot of funny things going on besides the lack of use. thanks again.:sun:

GRD

Reaction score
Early this week it was at 33% and I noticed yesterday or the day before it was at 10%. No worries, I think your explanation covered it. Again great job on the site. I check it every day.

Why did the percent meter go down??

I had originally set it to 100 as I was setting up this then I put it at 200 posts. 100 posts is very easy to have and half the members would be vip's so now you have to type a little to get there..

But its worth it..

I am new to this website stuff as well, I improve things get rid of things and change things on a daily basis..

RON

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Color Change and other changes coming

I am working on a minor color change, just have the upper buttons to finish.

Im working on the flashchat system with the paging system but am having some conflicts, that should be running for early next week. Im making a side menu that says flashchat with a pager button below that. I will eliminate the manufacturs links as that will be in the links pages

To access the photo gallery you must use the Site links menu on the Left, second menu.

Next additions to the site:

The photo gallery will be going through some major changes shortly

Im still working on the Links data base, thats taking alot of time..
But when its complete it will be worth it...

Any other suggestions, Forums, links, Please let me know so I may look at adding them to this site.

RON

RON

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Major Site Upgrade

Over the next few days the site be moved on to its own server. Currently the site is on a shared server with at least 100 other websites. Both the website and the photo gallery will be on the new server. We will still be with the same webhost as they are very reliable. The site may be down for a short time while this occurs as well.

RON

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Numbers going up!!

Thanks to everyone, the website stats reached a record yesterday since the site has been up 310 different users in one day. Great..
90 Members using the site.

If you have not registered, please join. There is no fee and your name is not sold or given to anyone and is only for this site. Membership will have it's benifits. I will be offering email addresses to members and the photo gallery and the future links will be members only. As the server is now ready, we are just waiting for the internet servers to point to the new server before we tranfer the site. Once that is complete we will finish the gallery and finish the new Jave Chatroom. Any other items, forums or suggestions let me know..

RON :gathering:

GRD

Reaction score
Great Job

Looking better all the time. By far my favorite site to date. Lots of info and a great way to stay in contact will fellow sled heads. Good work!
:thumbsup2:

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to say thanks for doing this webpage it ROCKS!!! For those of us that sled in winter and talk and dream about it all summer this room is great!! I know my friends that do not sled just don't get it (hard to believe i know!) So its nice to go see other sled addicts comments and stories. So thanks what a great job you are doing!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
site

This site works because of all the users that contribute info and stories, but Ron has put alot of time and $$ into it but again, without all of you it will not work. THANKS:common001: :common001: :common001:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Spammers & Upgrades

Its amazing how many spammers try to log on each day. Ever since I set up the site so you have to wait for me to approve before you can post I get about 5 a day. No wonder why the asa site has so much users and spam. :rant:

Otherwise the site tranfer went real well to the Dedicated server, there was some lagging during the day of the tranfer, and hopefully we did not loose any posts. Now were just waiting for the photo gallery to finish the transition. Its half way between two, currently you can look at pics but you cannot post that should be all fixed by monday afternoon.

RON

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Photo Gallery

Please excuse any tempoary errors in the Photo Gallery, It may have some minor untill Tuesday afternoon. We are moving the gallery so that when you sign on to the main site it automatically logs you into the gallery..

RON

diggers

Reaction score
?????? new idea creating a special group,forum,thread, what ever for the people in the industry ie: ride and hide ,hotels,locals with snow conditions.

a sp check would be nice in reply post page.

great site i really appreciate all the work you have done.
Make sure you stop and take time to smell the fir trees in the mtns.
trying the chat room

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
?????? new idea creating a special group,forum,thread, what ever for the people in the industry ie: ride and hide ,hotels,locals with snow conditions.

There will be a sticky in each area with a supporting vendors where they can post

a sp check would be nice in reply post page.

I am looking at that option and will be adding shortly, thanks

trying the chat room
The chat room is a java chat, Its a good chat room I just need to figure out all the integration over to this site. There is hacks written for that but my menu's are different than the standard software so I have to do a bunch of sofware mods, I have to familiarize myself with both the PHP and XML computer languages :headscratch3: One I figure that out I will have that all running good. Im working hard with a guy from overseas that calls himself Sami, (he is a temp member) He was involved in the development of Coppermine gallery software and I have him assisting with the Gallery mods on this site. We are trying to get the user list integrated with the main site, we had some problems yesterday as passwords or usernames did not match. We have to delete all members that have no posts there and then try again. We have no access to member passwords to fix. We will come up with something Im sure..

And WOW!! The activity on here keeps going up, its getting busy, and there is a lot of usefull information for all and some great recent photos too.

Thanks,
RON

Top Bottom