Warranty game...WTF...tired of it.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy I know just lost the engine on his 2012 Ranger.( something about the coolant leaking into the crankcase, Warped head(s) maybe ) The unit was 3 weeks post warranty. The Polaris dealer in Athabasca, covered the cost of the parts and he paid the labor. Thats seems like pretty good service.
His bill was $1100.00 and the parts were about the same.
So he had a dealer that stood behind him and he spent less on a Major unexpected repair than what he may have paid for the extended warranty.

Sounds like great customer service , bet that guy will spread great word of the shop to all his friends.
I had something similar happen on a rebuilt tranny in my truck. Way past warranty when I took it in for a service and they found a problem they knew about with the torque converter they had used and replaced it for the cost of labour. And they paid the parts. Made me happy and I tell my friends to go there if they need tranny work.

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy I know just lost the engine on his 2012 Ranger.( something about the coolant leaking into the crankcase, Warped head(s) maybe ) The unit was 3 weeks post warranty. The Polaris dealer in Athabasca, covered the cost of the parts and he paid the labor. Thats seems like pretty good service.
His bill was $1100.00 and the parts were about the same.
So he had a dealer that stood behind him and he spent less on a Major unexpected repair than what he may have paid for the extended warranty.

That is the kind of service i would expect, glad to hear that there are dealers out there doing that. I hope if i get in that situation with my RZR that the dealer helps me out in the same way.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Ranger. In a way I love it, In a way I hate it. You can tell they just arent made that well. It has been really good to me so far, but man it rattles and shakes and just feels like it is going to fall apart. And yes the warranty on it was a joke. What do they come with? Like 90 days?

I wish yamaha would have had their bench seat/big box utility machine around when I bought this one. They just seem put together better.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Ranger. In a way I love it, In a way I hate it. You can tell they just arent made that well. It has been really good to me so far, but man it rattles and shakes and just feels like it is going to fall apart. And yes the warranty on it was a joke. What do they come with? Like 90 days?

I wish yamaha would have had their bench seat/big box utility machine around when I bought this one. They just seem put together better.

That is typical of north american built. BRP is finally starting to produce a certain amount of quality in their product but in the past its always been. I've been in power sport since the 70s. Motocross in the late 70s and sledding and Japanese product have always been better in quality. But in resent years some of the north american product have drasticaly improved their quality. BRP is a fine example.

So far i'm happy with the RZR but it only has about 400miles on it. I do expect to have the same problem your expressing cause i experienced the same with my 2004 Sportman i had. It rattled silly in less then a 1000miles of use.
Even though it did i was extremely happy with it as i sold it hald over 4,000miles of trouble free use. The rattle i cured by dismantling all plastics and racking and reassembling using automotive body panel caulking and loc-tite. I got over 3,000miles of rattle free use after that....what a joy haha.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i agree with the fact that you have to pay to play and i'm at the for front when it come's to paying and playing.
You pay alot of money for most things when it comes to recreation no matter what sport your in. But i do find it ironic that we pay big dollars for a product of quality....so they say and require extra warranties.

Yes we have a limited amount of options to choose from, especialy for sleds but only ONE will get my business....question is, which one HAHAHAHA.

I have already dropped one manufacture when it comes to sleds after i experienced 10yrs of poor reliability, clutching, tunning ect. ect. the issues went on and just browsing on here i see things haven't changed much for them. Same old same old.
Gone back to my earlier makes, new sleds though...lol

So what is the current ONE?

Iamcatman

Reaction score
I am on the complete other end of the spectrum. I buy the best extended warranty as I can get. I get more out of it than paying out of pocket. I have had many issues with my machines in the past, and my sled still has a half season of warranty at 10,000 km. My quad had some air filter issues, which caused the engine to wear out at 1400 km. I ride hard, play hard, and work hard. The last thing I need is paying for a major expense which I have not prepared for. It is exactly what some people call it. Insurance. With a good dealer, some abuse can be covered, but with that extended warranty, I have five years to wear it out and not have to pay major expenses. I totally agree with extended warranty

Top Bottom