Warm up temp

Stroked108

Reaction score
What do you guys let your 800 pro's warm up too before you ride it ? I've been letting my 14 warm up to 125f before I ride it but was not sure because my dealer didnt say anything about warming it up when I bought it

rmk H.O.

Reaction score
I got a 2012 pro 800 i let it warm up to about 20 then load it when istart it to unload it stalls sometimes and fools plugs where do I start so this dosent happen getting sick of replacing plugs

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 2012 pro 800 i let it warm up to about 20 then load it when istart it to unload it stalls sometimes and fools plugs where do I start so this dosent happen getting sick of replacing plugs
You let your engine warm up to 20f (or C) before loading? I hope that is 20C! I would guess that something else is going on though.

I let me engine warm up to about 130F before going anywhere (except loading and unloading, about to 80). I always change in the parking lot (I can't stand driving in gear), so I start the sled, then start getting all my gear on. By the time I'm done with all my gear, the sled is ready to go.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warm up to 100F for me, then take it easy while the belt and track warm up. Then giver at 120+F. Loading or unloading I still wait till 100F.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loading and unloading, depends on ambient temp for me. I think as long as you keep the revs down, a minute or two is probly lots before you move it.

Otherwise, I'm with Wilk. Be gentle while getting it out of the trailer, or off the truck, and let it run while you get geared up. Anything over 100 degrees on the display, and a few minutes letting the track turn, you should be good to give'r.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda hard to wait for the sled to get up to 100 to unload it when you have an enclosed. Start it, burp It out then let it warm up before you ride it hard.

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we always wait until the coolers are warm before we get on it. takes a while but i think its easier on it.

Top Bottom