want to race!

sheffield

Reaction score
hey, im not new to riding but i will be to new to racing this year. ive raced sleds before, but never bikes. im living in calgary and im willing to travel to race depending on work schedule. but i have a 07 kx 250 as my moto bike, and a 05 ktm 525 as my bush bike. my question is what kind of events are there around me. how many amateur races do they have a year at wild rose, and any other track around here have amateur races. i want to do some hare scrambles to, any info where i could find one of those? thanks in advance and hope to meet some of u out there..

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RMDRA (Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders Association) is a good start for info too.

Also worth joining the club as they hold group rides (free to members) and fight strongly to keep trails open. Lots of involvement if you wish to participate.

I'm also on the fence for racing this year. I ride with a lot of racers, but mostly ride recreational. It's becoming harder and harder to find riding buddies with more and more getting tied down from various stuff.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lac La biche has a HUGE event every year. I can not remember what it is called, but they have cars, bikes, sleds, 3 on 3 pond hockey
Well set up with something for everyone
I think it is the first weekend in march, right on the lake right in town

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out Welcome to Rocky Motorcycle Club last year we hosted 6 hare scrambles and 2 moto-cross races..2 hours north of Calgary..we can usually provide camping..if you do a search on here you can review my posts and pics...or pm me with any questions!!:d

I tried my first race with these guys last summer and it was a blast. I'll try to get out to a couple this year.

Top Bottom