Visors?

oilerfan780

Reaction score
I new to the sledding and was wondering how well the electric heated visors work. Should I buy a MX style helmet with good goggles, the standard snow helmet with dual pane visor, or one of these electric heated ones.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with goggles and will never go back i used to use a visor it was chitty. the heated visors are alright you will have to wire them up to your sled. At the end of the day I would go with goggles then you can change lenses for snow and light conditions and get quick straps so you can pull them off when you stop to prevent them from fogging up.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with goggles and mx helmet, i fear i will never get away from the fogging issue completely though.

Does anyone ride with the brp BV2 or BV2S helmet??
I think this is the only way I would go back to full face, to get away from fogging (hate it with passion) it may be worth the big price tag.
any opinions out there on these expensive helmets?? Do they fog?? are they worth it??

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with an MX helmet and goggle and will never go back to a full face helmet.

I used to have a pair of dual lens Scott goggles and I only had them fog up once in the two years I had them.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I use the heated visor, I don't use the breath deflector in the helmet either I hate the condesation around my mustache and beard and I never fog up. I ride my quad with an MX helmet with safety glasses cause I find with googles it is like looking down a tunnel I lose all my peripheral vison up and down and side to side

RevBlk

Reaction score
Never used a heated visor. Too short a memory to remember to unplug when dismounting. For the last 10 years I a have been using MX style helmets with goggles. I love it but..... You need to spend some cash to make them work right. Get a No Fog mask & Z trap. IMO it is the only way to go. Wife bought me an AC Crosstech helmet because when it 50 below with goggles you do freeze around the eyes. The only way you can even come close to keeping it clear is with a No Fog. Check Royal Distributing. I think the last one I bought was about $60. shipping included. One note of caution if you wear glasses under goggles it really does feel like you are looking down a barrel like Murm says.
Good Luck

gumbylee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have the bv2s helmet....works ok but not perfect....went to mx style helmet and provu goggles....best invention ever!!! automatically darken or lighten up according to sun!! neat thing too,yellow sleds in the bright sun look bright orange....

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own both MX and modular style helmets,and would say go to a MX,good set goggle and quik straps.Found the modular a little heavy,but it does have it's place around home.Also bought a set of the Provu goggles at the sled show.Realy curious to see how they work.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you are riding. For the mountains i would never use anything but a mx helmet and goggles but it seldoms gets real cold. Anything below minus 10 or 15 they start to get pretty cold.

gumbylee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bigdog67u will like the provu...like i said,look at an xrs in the bright sun..its better than drugs!plus at night,the are clear...unlike normal goggles:):):)

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using a mountain bike helmet with 2 or 3 different pairs of goggles for diff conditions everyday. The helmet is no more money than an MX helmet & half the weight. My .02.

RN

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you are riding. For the mountains i would never use anything but a mx helmet and goggles but it seldoms gets real cold. Anything below minus 10 or 15 they start to get pretty cold.

This is the best answer. Mountains I use googles and quick straps to prevent fogging when your not moving. If they fog engine heat can clear them up quickly during breaks. If you do any trail riding or high speed prairie riding heated visor is way to go. Temp is also big factor like stated above. :d

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll put my 2 cents in here. I ride the mountains with a heated full face helmet and it works great, except for the cord. The cord will disconnect when I fall off the sled,but stretching them like that makes them only last about a year. I carry an extra cord with me. I can't ride with goggles because my nose can't get cold. I have broken it twice and froze it three times when I was a kid, so I gotta do what I gotta do. My mountain buddies call me a trail rider, but I'm still out there.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im glad i looked through the posts the same question was going through my mind i have a DV2helmet with heated visor not suppose to fog up it still does i have been kicking the idea around to try a snow cross helmet balaclava and goggles just wondering if its going to be warm enough So before spending more cash on something that my not work i will watching this post on other peoples advice

Top Bottom