Which Avy Bag

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will admit I have never owned one. Gonna get one this year (provided I can find one as they seem hard to find now)

Would prefer to go with the vest style to help keep weight off my shoulders. Im looking for comfort.

Big question is are guys going with the old reliable air canister style or going to the new electric "super compactor" style ones?

Through my searches I have narrowed it down to these

Klim

Arva

Snow Pulse

I was leaning towards the electric version even though it seems like they are a tad slower to deploy but close. That would mean the klim one only then. Klim isnt a full vest but close enough I figure.

I had the BCA vest in there but it seems more bulky than I want. I'm sure they are good as well though.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing I don't like about the Klim is that the chest piece blocks access to your transceiver under your jacket and doesn't have storage for anything in it, it's just kind of in the way. I wear a vest and like how comfortable it is but definitely runs hot in the late spring. Only reasons I would switch back to a pack are for more storage, 20L is a bit tight for the first aid gear and emergency overnight gear I carry. And to get a horseshoe style bag instead of a pillow style bag.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chirs, your best to try on a bunch. They all have their pros and cons.

I went to the Klim aspect last season
Electric pack. So far I like it.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing I don't like about the Klim is that the chest piece blocks access to your transceiver under your jacket and doesn't have storage for anything in it, it's just kind of in the way. I wear a vest and like how comfortable it is but definitely runs hot in the late spring. Only reasons I would switch back to a pack are for more storage, 20L is a bit tight for the first aid gear and emergency overnight gear I carry. And to get a horseshoe style bag instead of a pillow style bag.
I think the snow pulse one is a bit less hot or so thats what I heard. It looks really big though. I was leaning towards klim but your point about the transceiver and pockets are valid.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a BCA backpack which was fine but switched to an Arva vest and prefer it as it’s more comfortable.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My next bag will be a fan bag. Klim has had their out for a couple of season and BCA has one now too.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a bca float 30 found it heavy, switched to a snowpulse vest and also find a little heavy. Now switching to a klim atlas 26 apparently very light and rechargeable with 2 aa battery’s which is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im looking for a new bag this year, but i have had ABS in the past and i do like the two bag set up and the fact it inflates along the pack carring you more horizontal than inflating around your head caring you verticaly, im open to the fan idea, anyone seen anything

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im looking for a new bag this year, but i have had ABS in the past and i do like the two bag set up and the fact it inflates along the pack carring you more horizontal than inflating around your head caring you verticaly, im open to the fan idea, anyone seen anything
I agree…. Still like the ABS design.

I would be interested in something similar to the old North Face powder guide ABS vest (or similar like Dakine or Arva) but with the latest Alpride E2 system.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went from a Snow pulse to the Jet Force. New fan system works flawlessly an nice not to have to worry about the bottle. Tried to grab a Klim but none to be had. Jet Force I found was last in stock. Supply chain breakage chit I’m guessing.

Levithan

Reaction score
Black diamond Jet force here as well, great not having to worry about canisters or refills. Pricey though at over $1000.
Avalanche safety solutions is where i bought mine, says they have stock, it's under ski and snowboard.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been dooing some research, i think im going to look at the ARVA bags, if i leave ABS i hear some rumors that we may see more support from abs this year, will have to see, im liking the arva bags, it is a twin system and has a similar gas cylinder to the abs, exhange only but no human errors with refill and oring leaks.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the advantages to jet Force. Lots of room.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was dead set on the vest design. I tried on one. it seems good but me being not big on having weight on my back and i get really hot easily I am having second thoughts.

I know it goes against the grain but I dont plan on keeping my shovel in my backpack. likely just my radio and probes. so a small backpack might be the best option. Sure a vest is better if you are carrying more weight but if you arent like I plan to then Im thinking a normal backpack is the way to go. I was set on the Klim but at $1600 canadian that is a good 6-700 more than some of the other ones I am finding.

For the ones with the canisters that are fillable though can any place fill them or would a guy be better off buying from a dealer they can get to.

t300

Reaction score
Interesting that most complaints about vests are that they are too hot. The warmth is what I like about my bca vest. Uninsulated klim mono and a base and thin mid and it’s perfect, other than my lower cheeseburger locker is way too cold lol. Need something between bottom of vest and my waist to keep my fat warm . On cold days I’m borderline frostbite on my lower stomach. Everywhere else is warm / perfect. Overall, love my bca vest

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Black diamond Jet force here as well, great not having to worry about canisters or refills. Pricey though at over $1000.
Avalanche safety solutions is where i bought mine, says they have stock, it's under ski and

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Firmware update thing is a bonus. Great product. Glad I went with the jet force for the extra room.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Firmware update thing is a bonus. Great product. Glad I went with the jet force for the extra room

Top Bottom