Super Clamp tie downs.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am in the market for new deck tie downs for my SuperClamps. Presently, I have the old style with one “eyelet” that works quite well. Sometimes there is a little jiggling to position the sled but not a big deal nor a deal breaker.
The question I would like feed back on is; are the new tie downs (the ones with multiple positions) worth the extra dollars? The one problem I see is that when they are on an open deck and kept outside, snow/ice will get into them and the adjustment feature will be lost, so to speak. TIA

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for new deck tie downs for my SuperClamps. Presently, I have the old style with one “eyelet” that works quite well. Sometimes there is a little jiggling to position the sled but not a big deal nor a deal breaker.
The question I would like feed back on is; are the new tie downs (the ones with multiple positions) worth the extra dollars? The one problem I see is that when they are on an open deck and kept outside, snow/ice will get into them and the adjustment feature will be lost, so to speak. TIA
I have them and never a problem with snow or ice so far. Really nice to put the rear clamp where you need to on different length skids

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think the adjustable one is for the rear super clamp only? Never heard of using in the front. But maybe.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of the adjustable on my deck for the rear superclamps, and two of the long adjustable track that run the full length of the deck, great for securing other stuff, quads, etc no issues with freezing really, if they get iced up a tip of the screwdriver works great. On my last enclosed trailer I used the adjustable tracks, could fit sleds in almost any configuration imaginable, and the extra hooks are great for securing loose items in the trailer....

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the O track (L track) integrated in the enclosed. It does work great for tying anything, anywhere. The crappy part I find is when the mud, pebbles and ice get in there, you need to blow it out of the track before locking in the deck hook properly.
I would still get them again though.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Good rebuttal. I like the concept of tying other things down and to be honest, I never thought about that. With my summer construction and carrying tools back and forth, they would work good for flexible tie down locations but then again 3-4” one way or the other isn’t a big deal.

Decisions, decisions....

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good rebuttal. I like the concept of tying other things down and to be honest, I never thought about that. With my summer construction and carrying tools back and forth, they would work good for flexible tie down locations but then again 3-4” one way or the other isn’t a big deal.

Decisions, decisions....
You can get the Supertrac in 48" lengths if that works for you in the other seasons Doug.

I used the 12" pieces that came with my rear clamps in my enclosed, just because it came with the clamps. I bought the clamps for my deck, but didn't want to drill any holes being a Truckboss. The tie down rings I already had worked great on the deck. The Supertrac worked out well in the trailer, and will be a perfect tie down spot for the RZRs as well. Thinking about getting some more.

received_1186210762310833.jpeg

20221204_143917.jpg

20221208_054400.jpg

Top Bottom