Vent Kits XXXMODRODS...Good Price

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just ordered a black 5 pc set from modrods. kinda forgot about the, being at the show. oh, well, good price anyways.

for you guys who bought this or a similar kit, did you use the vent for the front hood above the pipe? or just the side panel ones? i'm not real sure its necesary with the existing holes in the hood.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running from menstoyz well see how they work for they look wicked for the price. just need snow to test them out.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
just ordered a black 5 pc set from modrods. kinda forgot about the, being at the show. oh, well, good price anyways.

for you guys who bought this or a similar kit, did you use the vent for the front hood above the pipe? or just the side panel ones? i'm not real sure its necesary with the existing holes in the hood.

I put venting material (not necessarily vents) over all the holes! Why, because of snow getting into the motor compartment and the clutches slipping. With the deep, light, fluffy powder that we ride in it
is a pain to have bogging from lack of air, wet clutches, and the need to clean off vents so the motor will run at WOT.

Yes, the side vents are mostly added to help dissipate the heat and keep the clutches cool resulting in better belt life but if you are in the deep all day cover the holes with screen.

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another fan of XXXModRods vents kits here... I ran them on my Rev and now on my Pro. They really helped dissipate the heat and stood up to a HECK of a beating!! The North Idaho trees are the real deal and have shredded many products I've put to the test while riding there... These vents stood up great! plus i love working with the Mod Rod boys! They have a lot of fun with what they do and make a great product! They will be at the snow show (if you buy a copy of the film Flirting with Danger from them you can see first hand some of the beatings their vents take!! hahahahahaha)

05blazerboy

Reaction score
The modrod vents are great. Only problem I had was waiting 2 months and emailing and phoning constantly to get them. I did buy them on ebay so maybe that had something to do with it, but there was no contact with me for over a month until I started a negative seller situation with paypal to get my money back. Other than that they look awesome on my M1000 and I really wouldn't want anything else.

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
Bought vents and monster boards for my XP @ Edmonton show last year, no regrets, really good purchases

Top Bottom