valemount hotels

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Chalet Continental last year. Joe actually met us outside and helped everyone park their rigs. He even asked what time you planned on heading out in the morning to make sure nobody got boxed in.:cool:

coyote

Reaction score
a couple of friends and myself are thinking of buying the twin peaks lodge and just wanted some input from here on what people thought of it

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
a couple of friends and myself are thinking of buying the twin peaks lodge and just wanted some input from here on what people thought of it

Lookin for more partners??? Great place, We use to stay there alot.

the Champ

Reaction score
The bad thing about an open forum site like this, is that a thief could join up, and choreograph himself with any of our sledding schedules; he could find out where people will be staying, what sleds will be in the party, and could easily figure out which vehicles would be driven. It makes the demand for anti-theft devices on your vehicle & trailer that much greater....just my 2 cents.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
The bad thing about an open forum site like this, is that a thief could join up, and choreograph himself with any of our sledding schedules; he could find out where people will be staying, what sleds will be in the party, and could easily figure out which vehicles would be driven. It makes the demand for anti-theft devices on your vehicle & trailer that much greater....just my 2 cents.

GOOD POINT !!!..... Your a thinking man...... Next trip can we take your truck? LOL.

the Champ

Reaction score
GOOD POINT !!!..... Your a thinking man...... Next trip can we take your truck? LOL.

HAHAHA! Well, we could throw all our gear in my truck...and then pull it with your sled, haha! With the amount of torque that that thing puts out, it'll have no problem; besides, it'll be better on fuel than my ol' gas guzzler!:Snowmobile1:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Of course we could have PM'd each other and all trip arrangements on the open forum could be decoy trips to lure out the sled theives so they can be disappeared in the woods of central B.C.

coyote

Reaction score
thanx people for the input on the twin peaks,going there saturday to do the paperwork alec

Cougar

Reaction score
Website
www.cougarmountainlodge.com
Coyote: Twin Peaks is fantastic! I lived in one of the small cabins there for over a year while building my lodge and I could not have picked a better spot. Excellent facilities, out of the way (good for security!) & private with some of the best scenery around! When I was originally buying in Valemount I looked at that property but didn't bite just because it was too big for me to handle alone.... good luck & happy shopping!
s.

coyote

Reaction score
thanx sue for the reply,got back from valemount saturday at midnight,what a drive that was it was snowing hard pretty much all the way home.yup the twin peaks looks good the lodge needs a little work but i think it won,t be a problem hoping to be in there january.

Rev_it

Reaction score
Website
animalinu.ca
There solving problems is a knee jerk reaction. they offered secure parking and couldn't provide. how many 100's of thousands of dollars went missing before they provide a service that you think is good. in my personal opinion they have more problems they than just parking. i will never stay they again, and not to hex the year, thefts will continue. i still pick dec 19 for first theft. this year it won't be me!

Since when did sled / truck theft become the hotels responsibility? Theft is a horrible thing and like we all have said, its going to happin none the less. But instead of ranting about it and the little amount the hotels are doing, protect yourself! Last year we had two attempts but spending a little extra on the alarm paid off! (sensors on the trailer too):cool:

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soon as they advertised secure parking!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soon as they advertised secure parking!
just called the best Western the other day, they told me that there is only one driveway into the parking lot and they block off the entrance to it at night with a van....is that their secure parking?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what they did when we stayed there, pretty secure unless they send the van downtown to pick up drunk guests at the bar.(hopefullt they weren't picking us up when Kgr's stuff was stolen).

Rev_it

Reaction score
Website
animalinu.ca
What exactly would you guys like them to do? Bring in all four members of the Canadian army to watch all night? Once the gate is closed and the Van is parked in front, they do a very good job of monitoring traffic, but the criminals are smart: Last December I just arrived at the Cranberry Lodge around 5:30pm, a truck and 4 place trailer was scooped, they guys had not even been there ½ an hour. Its not the lodges fault when it happens in broad daylight!

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats up, you work for the hotel!!

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the claim they made when it was the HI still about "safe and secure parking" ? I guess the from 11pm to 6am only was left out. Wasn't there also a claim of camera monitoring in thier ads a few seasons back? While I'm on a rant, how about the RCMP!!!Truck reported at 6am RCMP response time? A lightening quick 4.5 Hrs !!! Then the slimy bastards try to cash cheques the next night in PG and in the 15 minutes they're in money mart giving thier home ph# and address the boys in blue couldn't make it in time and because the cheque book wasn't reported as stolen, money mart wouldn't lock them in.(Despite them calling to confirm the cheque ) But if you ph 250 981 2043 the young fellows parents will tell you it couldn't be thier son because he's under house arrest and didn't run away until the next day!The RCMP really gave us the you will all be gone on monday feeling.Theft is obviously a big problem, and instead of whitewashing the situation, they should become more proactive like the "PARKING LOT NAZI" . Good job Joe

Top Bottom