valemount hotels

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HEAR HEAR!!!!!!. I nominate you!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm, I think I'm gonna build a Denver boot for my 4 place enclosed Triton. and then connect it to a 110 volt outlet. and then rig up an Acme approved anvil that falls on the head of anyone trying to mess with the hitch....Wile E. Coyote will be impressed....

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how you park ie: under the lights, backed in to the building, butted up together. A LOCK WILL ONLY KEEP OUT THE HONEST PEOPLE! You take a risk ever time you leave your Vehicles and rides unattended, Knowing the lack of urgency the cops show to follow up on leads or to even recover your "Precious". There is thieves everywhere and always will be. The ones in Valemount sit and watch to see what is up for the taking. They watch and wait for the right moment.... and shizam.... there it goes. I know of a gentleman that even lost his dog!...... yup his dog was in the truck when they stole it along with 4 place enclosed with his new rides in the trailer. The cops are not going to patrol anymore than they do already, the hotels are not responsable for our items. We need to look out for ourselves and each other. Wheel locks and alarms are all we really got besides a big stick for fixing there little red wagons. If you can ever catch them. I do agree that if you say that you offer a service like secure parking that would me to me that it would have a fence,.... at least a fence. the whole area is wide open, and when I last stayed there the van was gone most of the evening. I now no longer stay there but that doesn't make any other place any safer. anyway enough with the rant.
I will watch your back,..... will you watch my?:rant:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
They all can do something about it, it`s called Anti Theft Prevention, it is put together by ICBC, the RCMP and in Revelstoke the Snowmobile Revelstoke Society.

If you have a minute click on the RCMP News Release

A couple yrs. ago this was a huge problem here, we took a beating.
So now more of the hotels have cameras and patrols, the RCMP do patrols during the night, the SRS produce and distributes brochures. Everyone needs to do their part too (locks, alarms, disabling vehicles, big dogs, weapons) and look out for each other.
I can`t say that sled theft has stopped completely, it has been reduced in a big way, more often now they are attempts and some people have been caught. It seems like this problem moves around. Contact ICBC if the RCMP can`t help.

One thing you guys should think of when you list all your goodies in your signature lines is who is reading it.
Oh and theft doesn`t just happen to snowmobiling guests locals here have got it too.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought we would hit 2000 views on this one.

Top Bottom