Valemount Crystal Ridge SledSki Area

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2

Will there be a specific easy trail up for the sleds to pull up the skiers?

Sent from a iPhone

Yes folks, there is a specific up track similar to any groomed snowmobile trail although grooming is not scheduled to happen regularly this season mainly due to bridge weight restrictions and we hope to have all that settled for the following season. The facility is actually within a caribou sensitive area and snowmobile use is only allowed on the uptrack with no exceptions. The ski runs are completely seperate from the sled track which is full width and provides ample room for two way traffic.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool idea.
Interested to see how it is going to work when you get alot of people showing up.
Do you plan to limit the amount of people on the hill at a time to keep a mass catastrophe from happening? I.E. Chinese Downhill lol.

No but with the type of terrain (a bit more intermediate), I do not see the mentioned senario happening, although this next season will be our test run to see what needs to be adjusted to make it an enjoyable and safe experience for all.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome effort and thanks to everyone involved. Wanted to bring the family to show them how spectacular it is but always felt guilty about leaving them in hotel room entire trip. Only thing I'd like to know is there any chance of a spring uphill competition event, Jackson Hole of the North type thing but with 2200' of terrain!

I wish, although not likely due to the caribou sensitivities in the area, one can always dream tho:)

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this is an amazing opportunity for everyone that comes to Valemount, us sledders can give our kids, wifes and our selves, friends another awesome option to spend some time with friends and family. Valemount has so much to offer both summer and winter. Great job Varda.
:cool:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry but absolutely not. While it would be great to provide an amazing family friendly facility for all ages to play on, we just dont have that capability and that is really not what this type of facility is designed for. Hopefully someone else will build that soon, so we still have a Valemount left for us to live in. That being said, there were kids as young as 6 rippin on it last year.
c

what about the GT snow racer? or only ski/board?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GT's PFFFFFFF please i was thinkin tractor tire tube ! Lets load about 8 on that and FLY!!!

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how far along the ridge will the road go? The open alpine further along looks pretty nice. Whats the timber type? Good tree skiing? Great job! I'm looking forward to coming up that way to check it out.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What an awesome idea. Makes sled skiing much more accessible for people who have never done it before. I've had some shuttle pick ups go interesting as the new guy missed a turn or something, this with one trail up and down would be great for newer folks to get their feet wet.

Curtis, your split board was on your feet different than most, don't you find the slips smacking off each other with the board like that?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its a great idea, but unfortunately I'm going to rain on the parade, and dont get me wrong. I dont want to see anything like this happening but unfortunately I always look at both sides of the story. How long till some party wrecks someone's sled that they've left unatteded at the top or bottom for ferrying? Or how long till some show boat totally destroys or ruts out the sled track making it difficult for others to ride or tow for that matter, its just like the prostars that need to roost the freshly groomed trail right after the ticket booth so everyone gets to ride a whooped out trail.

Like I said I hope this doesnt happen, but unfortunately there's always someone that ruins it for everyone else. But anyways now I have a reason to brake out the board again and see how many other spine discs i can rupture, lol

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Yup.... Buy up property now while it's cheap....

Actually this one has nothing to do with the "commercial" resort they keep talking about.....

So is this a stepping stone to get a full blown ski hill in Vale?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What an awesome idea. Makes sled skiing much more accessible for people who have never done it before. I've had some shuttle pick ups go interesting as the new guy missed a turn or something, this with one trail up and down would be great for newer folks to get their feet wet.

Curtis, your split board was on your feet different than most, don't you find the slips smacking off each other with the board like that?

Ya I know most people spin them the other way, but I had to ski a long way down the ridge to get to the actual run we were taking as we were exploring some potential layout and with them switched around it would have made the skiing with a splitboard that much more difficult.

As far as the post about wrecking sleds or mischief, in this day and age all we can do is try and I for one will not let the bad apples hamper my positive efforts (or else I would have found a new profession by now......)

Top Bottom