Valemount 2009 and 2010 Conditions

ZR800

Reaction score
Yes a couple years a go.PM me your ### & we can get meet up. How old of riders

shawn800

Reaction score
hey guys headin up on friday night to vale what chappel and allen like here you guys gettin some snow but avys everywhere what the scoop

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No major new snow to speak of, but its trying. I was half way up the chappell trail today and there is approx 3" on the trail at evlevation. I would still expect spring like conditions in the popular areas.

Allan and Clemina were groomed up last night and will be again friday night, numbers permitting

Please note Due to extremely low user numbers the Chappell Creek Trail will not be groomed this week. The trail was inspected by VARDA staff on Thursday afternoon and was in excellent shape. There is minor washboard on the first switchbacks and tight corners, but overall the trail is in great condition.

Please work with us as we continue to try to maintain access to this area in a cost effective manor

Please contact the numbers or email below with any questions or concerns.

Thank you

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally something worth reporting !

The heavy rain last night produced approx 24" of beautiful fresh snow up in the Chappell Creek Area. Only 22 people in the entire area today................

Geez wonder where to head tomorrow.

Again with low user numbers on this trail, please bare with us as we try to maintain it as cost effectively as possible.

Sorry, no reports yet from the other areas, but Im sure all the alpine is in much better shape.

That being said, please vist the CAC site to read and understand the current avalanche ratings.

Thank you

smurferdude

Reaction score
Feb. 27th and 28th spent on Allen Creek. Parking area's getting real slushy and lots of water. Trail up and down was rough on Saturday. Snow up top is in good condition with a good amount of fresh to pound if your looking for it. Not sure of the exact number of riders on the weekend, but I would guess it to be under 30.
Gonna head back in a couple weeks. :)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
deffinetly got some snow. had a good day in allan in the trees it was a bit socked in. westridge today was unreal best conditiions i have ever had in there. easily 2" of fresh in spots. no one in there..

on that note the trail has some wicked holes. if you cant make it up dont go.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feb. 27th and 28th spent on Allen Creek. Parking area's getting real slushy and lots of water. Trail up and down was rough on Saturday. Snow up top is in good condition with a good amount of fresh to pound if your looking for it. Not sure of the exact number of riders on the weekend, but I would guess it to be under 30.
Gonna head back in a couple weeks. :)

i was on the same trail as you on saturday you clearly have never been on a rough trail.

keep in mind when its +10 at low elevation the groom dissapears pretty quick

Lanko

Reaction score
Hey Maxwell, heading up to Valemount/Blue River this Friday I am assuming you meant 2' not 2". Did you go into Clemina at all? On the Feb. long weekend it seemed to have better snow conditions than Allen and Chappell, but everywhere was pretty pounded out due to the number of sleds. How is the trail going into Westridge, haven't been in there all year, might be a nice change from the norm. Thanks in advance.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow yah 2' LOL

trail into westridge is not a problem if you are an intermediate rider.

wasnt in clemina but was in allan saturday and had a good day. pounded out on the beaten path but do a little exploring youll find some good snow. just stay off the sun beaten slopes they have a wicked crust with no snow but the slopes in the shade have some great snow on them.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was very happy to see that the rain and warm temps in town had not effected the alpine.

not many photos to busy riding and breaking chit. the sled i tapped into there blew a base gasket in THE WORST possible spot. managed to limp it out

some i can show some i can not LOL

Top Bottom