Valemount 2009 and 2010 Conditions

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is cooling off a bit, but I really cant tell you of the snow. The weekend had great conditions, with nice soft snow due to the warm weather. A friend was at Clemina yesterday and had a foot penetration of 30cm up on Lakeview. Blue has gotten some snow, so I would imagine that Chappell got a does as well. It is also groomed tonight, so that would be my choice for tomorrow.

I have a few pics up in a previous post of Allan and a logging road. If you look at the allan pic, thats superbowl in the background, they were riding enough fresh to get stuck on that hill within eyesight of the most poplular area, but is funny, everyone said there was no snow.........;)

Should be a beautiful weekend, dont forget the camera

I think were gonna give Allen another shot, Try to get a little Further back.

snowprozr

Reaction score
Has anyone been to Westridge latley? We are heading out next week and 3 of the 6 in our group have no experience!! Thought first day we would try out Westridge then Clemina or Allen the next. None of us have been to Westridge before but have heard its a decent ride.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what Westridge you are speaking of.

The Lower Family Loop is great for beginners, but only approx 30km long and with very low valley snow levels, it will most likely be hard and frozen. I would recomend scratchers. Its a fun ride, but would only take you a couple of hours.

Upper Westridge can be accessed at approx 7km up the Westridge FSR or from the canoe river road, but it is no place for beginners as the trail up can be quite technical and icy at times.

I would recomend taking the beginners to Clemina for the first ride

snowprozr

Reaction score
Ya thats what I was worried about...the snow conditions at the lower levels!!Mostly likley will hit Clemina the first day if no new snow comes before then. How about Chappel? Thats another area I have not been too. Sounds good and we are arriving on Thursday evening so would have a nice trail to ride. How far south of town is the staging area? Thanks again

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappell is approx 58km south. Great place for beginners with rolling meadows. Just dont fall off the very obvious cliff...please

Feel free to call me at 250-566-4817 with any questions

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah the new snow is starting to slide. here is yesterday

and yes...there is snow down the highway. i cant speak for allan but im sure it got a dose of new stuff.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were is this pic from Maxwell? Have some buddies heading out next week. They dont hit the internet at all. Will pass on any info I can to them.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics are from salmon lake. max and i were there yesterday, Those pics were taken in a small, treed bowl. Snow was reacting at about 15 inches of storm snow with afternoon solar loading. I WOULD GIVE ANY OPEN SLOPES IN THE BLUE RIVER AREA A LAGRE DEGREE OF RESPECT.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i was riding clemina on sunday i dropped into morning glory form danger basin and on my way down i saw a huge fracture about 150ft long start right under my skis and it went across the whole hillside.

Wrench900

Reaction score
Rode Clemina yesterday. Nothing special, but found a few spots of untouched. Allen Creek today. Busted a-arm within 10 mins of riding the alpine set the pace for the day. Can't say i've every seen a three sled pile up before. A few rolled sleds (some more than twice). Some busted plastic, and twisted alum. More than a couple trees cut down for rescues. Bruises and blood. Still one more day to go.

Could be worse... could be at work!!
Man I love sledding

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Chappel on Friday, Feb.19. Only the wife and I until afternoon then five others came up the trail. Total of seven paid trail passes for Friday. Conditions were bluebird, eight inches of powder on top of a very hard base. Nice to have the place to ourselves but don't know how VARDA makes a go of grooming that trail with those numbers but we sure appreciated it.

Rode Clemina on Saturday, Feb. 20. They did not have any fresh. Really pounded out and you had to go looking to find untracked. Another bluebird day and for a Saturday pretty low rider numbers.

All in all a good weekend. Very spring like conditions and all areas need snow BAD. Still better than sitting at home!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Chappel on Friday, Feb.19. Only the wife and I until afternoon then five others came up the trail. Total of seven paid trail passes for Friday. Conditions were bluebird, eight inches of powder on top of a very hard base. Nice to have the place to ourselves but don't know how VARDA makes a go of grooming that trail with those numbers but we sure appreciated it.

Rode Clemina on Saturday, Feb. 20. They did not have any fresh. Really pounded out and you had to go looking to find untracked. Another bluebird day and for a Saturday pretty low rider numbers.

All in all a good weekend. Very spring like conditions and all areas need snow BAD. Still better than sitting at home!

We Saw you guys unloading on friday. We were the ones who turned around an loaded back up. Kinda knew there was not alot of new fresh up top based on the 6 inches at 4000 ft when we got there. Hence the turning around.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We Saw you guys unloading on friday. We were the ones who turned around an loaded back up. Kinda knew there was not alot of new fresh up top based on the 6 inches at 4000 ft when we got there. Hence the turning around.

Gee, you mean the 18 inches "SHRUNK" to 8 in a matter of 4 days??:rolleyes:

Boy I love the snow reports. It would be nice if some regulation could be done here...

Curtis, does your grooming operator have a measuring tape that he can use when he goes up? (just a suggestion)

Had a great day Saturday, found a TON of untouched. There was about 6 inches of recent. It was fun, especially when farmer mike did his speed jiggle...LOL

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yes, we are having financial issues with chappell. The revenue from all three needs to be averaged for us to make any sense of it, but we can let more territory go. Its a tough business decision for sure.

hopefully this forecast will help with the lack of fresh

snowprozr

Reaction score
We are heading to Chappel this weekend and wondering where i can find a map of the area showing the boundaries etc. Any suggestions?

ZR800

Reaction score
what day you going up I have 1 new rider coming up . We are ridding there on friday

Top Bottom