Valemount 2009 and 2010 Conditions

newby

Reaction score
I am a representitive of Petro canada (Suncor) and due to the requirement of placing a two year add the associate there is unable to purchase an add. It would be against the contract set out by Petro Canada for him to commit to such an add since although we do not expect him to leave in the near future he is bound by contract not to enter into any agreement that outlasts his contract. VARDA apprached him stating that for him to place an add he would be required to pay for this year and commit to paying for next year as well.

ccrider

Reaction score
Saturday Dec 19th, Allen Creek :headbanger:

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 42

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue Bird out there today, someone is gonna have some pre christmas fun !

Im headin out for a few days to visit family.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis, I just read your varda article in the snoriders magazine, good job buddy :beer::d you are the right man for the job :beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i rode tuesday wednesday and it was unreal. im not exagerating when i say up to my hips. in some spots. over a foot of cover over the old tracks. bluebird but a bit chilly.

id love to say i have photos buttt my camera packed it in...pretty choked i had some awesome photo opportunities.

just imagine one of those stuck downhill days and you know what i was dealing with

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i rode tuesday wednesday and it was unreal. im not exagerating when i say up to my hips. in some spots. over a foot of cover over the old tracks. bluebird but a bit chilly.

id love to say i have photos buttt my camera packed it in...pretty choked i had some awesome photo opportunities.

just imagine one of those stuck downhill days and you know what i was dealing with

man am i jealous,,,i need to get out that way soon!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leaving in the AM. Coming home New Years eve. Hoping for some decent snow, but doubtful with the Christmas crowd!

TheRedDragon

Reaction score
Just a heads up to all coming out to Valemount this weekend;

We rode Allen on Wednesday. It wasn't great but there is snow out there if you look for it, especially in the trees.

We rode Clemina on Friday and it wasn't great as well. It was clear and sunny, but the snow was lacking. Most of the time there was about 8-12" on top of a really hard base. If you got away from the mountain tops and into some of the bowls there was a couple of feet of powder. On the bright side the trail is in awesome condition.

We rode out near Blue River on Thursday and the conditions were a lot better. There is lots of powder out there. If you are picky about riding in powder, do yourself a favour and go to Blue River. Just my opinion, but I hope it helps somebody.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, Chappell will be Groomed on schedule and we have been grooming areas all week as user numbers dictate.

Been a great holiday season so far. The more popular lines are tracked, but there is still lots of fun out there to be had. Looks like the forecast is in our favor and should be bringing some fresh !:d

Happy Holidays

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is still lightly snowing in town and has been throughout the night. The forecast looks good for a deep weekend.

Time for one last ride before the Holidays are over !

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from four days of riding. Sunday in Clemina was awesome. Dropped into Danger Basin and enjoyed fresh snow all day. Looks like the way into Morning Glory from Danger Basin is corniced over from the top, so we didn't try it. Chappell on Monday was even better. Anywhere from a foot to two feet of powder everywhere; however, a brutal trail ride up. Tuesday we rode Allen and there wasn't much snow to be found anywhere. We went back to Super Bowl and played a little. I had an accidental drop about 20 ft. and landed badly. Split my chin open on the bars, and nearly bit through my lip. Bruised my knees badly. All on helmet cam, even after it flew off my helmet. All in good fun... Video to come. Wednesday we rode Renshaw and it was blizzard-like conditions. Basically zero visibility. Didn't even get beyond the cabin area. Looks like they got about a foot of snow but it blew around a lot. Drifts were fun to play in, but very hard to ride with being on hard pack one moment and three feet of powder the next. Great trip all around. I'll put on some poor pics in a bit.

Top Bottom