Valemount 2009 and 2010 Conditions

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
frist time out thier is anything to know

ummm.....no...pretty userfriendly place. ride clemina creek first day and allan creek the second day if you are there for 2 days. bring 15$ each day for a trail pass. follow the signs and ask people at the cabins to tag along to take you further back into the areas. make sure you have avalanche gear aswell. or rented. clemina creek is 27km from town and allan creek is about 35? allan creek has a short trail (9km) thats why i suggest riding there on the second day

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
arg!!! i wanna get out there guys.. next weekend ill be there. so save some snow for me.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be heading to Vale tonight.....Picking up riding partner at Acheson around 6 ish tonight and forward motion to Vale........ya hoooo.....going tobe lots of fresh im hoping.......

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The light dry snow is still falling, but I am unsure what levels we will see in the mountains.

Grooming as normal, Allan and Clemina throughout the weekend and we will be grooming the first half of chappell only, due to cost and very low user numbers since the last groom.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself and girlfriend will be in Valemount Sat and Sun. I've been to Valemount once last year later in the season. She has never been to the mountians and I am man enough to admit when some guidance and experience would be an assest considering my skills and ability in the mountains. So if there is a group that isn't to techincal and run there sleds like the USS Enterprise and wouldn't mind the company on Clemina or Allan please drop me a line. Regards

Weather wise with the cloud cover and snow expected for both those days typically what can a guy expect to experience, I was told I was very lucky and spoiled my first trip in as both days last year were spectacular weather.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your girl has never been before take her to climina the first day so she can get her legs under her.

tapex

Reaction score
OMG, I just checked the forecast for Valemount, you guys should pound it out good this weekend. Looks like it's gonna dump next week, should be awsome! (if we can see):d:woohoo1::snow:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be heading to Vale Friday night. Sledding Saturday and Sunday. Probably be at Clemina. Blue '99 (old style) Chev with my 2010 M8 and a 2009 Summit Hillclimb on a Triton two place.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got to Valemount from hinton to here the highways were slick, one semi [flipped over]and few cars in the ditch, so take it easy. should some powderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr who yea. chow

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode chappel today. trail was very rough. the alpine was pounded out really good with a lot of wind blown areas. really had to search and get creative to find some good snow.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Chappel Wed with the same results! Hit up Allen yesterday and had a blast...lots of snow if you look for it....the search took us in areas we never knew exsisted!! Was a good week for our first mountian trip. Will post pics when I get time!!!

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode clemina today was awsome day had no bad weather,,,found some good powder. Had a wreck at the end of the day Catman will post pic's......

alpinehero

Reaction score
rode last week allan and clemina

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg