Valemount 2009 and 2010 Conditions

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was anyone up top today? Anyone know the conditions? Suppose to be going to Golden tomorrow morning but with the unstable slopes was thinking of a possible change of plans.

We rode Allen Thur Nov 19. We were the first in the unplowed parking lot second truck in got stuck twice :d:beer: Way better snow then I thought it would be. Sorry no pics this was a quick test and tune before we head to Revy. I got stuck all day :d First ride for me and my new XP 163 snow in the trees was DEEP. Great day.

Had a small problem with buddies track loose we stopped at the locked gate to tighten and had a strange request. A fellow sledder stopped and was kind of pissed that we were there he had bought tools up and wanted to take the gate off to get up the locked trail WTF Its locked to make our rest of the season better.We didn't want to help him in any way. He looked pissed off that we wouldn't help and went up the open trail.

Trail was fine IMO little whoops but lots of snow.

rmkpolaris

Reaction score
Very jealous! Coming out to Valemount mid December for the first time and can't wait. Conditions look awesome.

Here in Manitoba it's hard to believe that winter is coming, 9'C today, 10'C yesterday and 13'C on Tues., then 10 again tomorrow! At this rate there won't be any snow to test my sled out on before I come out!
im starting to get nervous stu, my big box of parts for my rmk showed up yesterday, and i should be pickin up that 800 this afternoon. we better get a little shot of snow, cause i have alot of testing and tuning to do, haha

megatron customs

Reaction score
What are the snow conditions like on allen trails been groomed? im planning to go up on dec 4 and 5th. i hope it good lol

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just dont understand some people, did he succeed at removing the gate ?

Do you have a description ?

He never touched the gate we were in the way :d Its funny when he rode away he gives me this look that I'm the dick for not wanted to help him?:rules:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the snow conditions like on allen trails been groomed? im planning to go up on dec 4 and 5th. i hope it good lol

Not groomed a couple of creeks 2" deep still not covered easy to cross. Whoops weren't real big not to bad IMO. I'm used to Renshaw so it felt like a nice short drive in LOL. I have never been on the closed trail so I don't know what normal is like.

sheldon11

Reaction score
Has anyone been into milage yet this year i am sure you know Curtis or do you know when the grooming is going to be starting in milage or clemina i know there is the plowed road problem in clemina.

Braaap

Reaction score
Coming up in a few hours for the weekend hope snow is good! Does anyone know if there are trail fees at climina and Allan? Need to know if I need cash . How much is the fee this year?

Thanks for any info!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all

Sorry, late night last night. WE did get some lower valley rain that sucked, but brough lots of snow up high.

The allan lot is plowed out and very easily done. Trail is in good shape. Thank you all for not helping the loser with the gate. Allan will be groomed for the 28th weekend

Chappell was a chore to break into yesterday, but well worth it. The trail is now in great shape. The few crossing are very easitly managed. WE hope to groom this by the 10th at the latest. The weather was so nasty that there was no point taking pics. You could barely stand for the wind and snow.

Going out this morning to check the clemina area and trail.

Skies are clearing and today, Looks to be a great day.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For those interested I just added a video from Nov 19th of all three parking lots in Valemount(snow and mud tube)...........Snow looks good boys and girls!
catmando!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That must have been later in the day. It was over my boots when I parked.
Thx catmando I could see my truck(as long as I don't blink)LOL.
I can't believe I don't have one pic :rant:

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those interested I just added a video from Nov 19th of all three parking lots in Valemount(snow and mud tube)...........Snow looks good boys and girls!
catmando!
It was a good thing the bobcat showed up or I think we would still be stuck.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so just got off the hill at allen creek. ran outa gas.

the trail up is rough as hell! but its well worth it once u are up top. there was a good 1ft of snow everywhere. and if u go on the trees OMG!!!! ill post some pics later but only took 4 pics all day. had to take advantage of the snow.

allen was socked in after about 11am. and snowing hard. we didnt get back into superbowl just cuz of the weather.. just went and played in the trees behing hillclimb and well thre was hardly anyone in there!

all i can say was AMAZING day!!

cheebbacheebba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent description of the conditions today at Allen! There was good powder to be found in several places and it was about 1' deep on top of a great base. If anyone ventures past Superbowl in the next few days they will find great snow. The trail in was rough and the creek crossings weren' too bad with 2-3" of water in them.

Has anyone ridden Chappel or Clemina recently??? If so please post conditions.

Thanks

Top Bottom