Valemount 2009 and 2010 Conditions

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a buddy are coming up this weekend, should be good riding, wouldn't mind hookin up with a group, better then going with just two.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a Video from last weekend hope you enjoy. I sure did. hahaha
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF0Tu4gVtk0[/media]

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Virdin? holy crap you got a long haul to get there. Ever Been to Redvers? Going there for Xmas.

doomanstu

Reaction score
Yes, yes it is!

Hope my little Renegade with the 1.75" will get me to some of those areas.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this answer was probably in all that somewhere (Blinded by the pictures) but how is the trail in? Ride from the parking lot? Groomed? Which riding area is best to start off in for the first ride of the year and some novice riders?

Thanks for any info guys. May be there this weekend instead of Golden.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this answer was probably in all that somewhere (Blinded by the pictures) but how is the trail in? Ride from the parking lot? Groomed? Which riding area is best to start off in for the first ride of the year and some novice riders?

Thanks for any info guys. May be there this weekend instead of Golden.

Can't help you with the trail conditions but Clemina is the best place to take novices if there is good snow there.

CoreyS

Reaction score
I am new to sledding.

Looking to send it to Valemount this week with a friend and will be riding tandem.

Wondering what would be a recommended area for novice riders looking to find a good area to snowboard?

Thanks!

Ps. love the site! :beer:

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
allen creek or climina... but make sure u have a beacon probs and shovel.

you know the importany avy survival gear.. also having someone who knows the area
your going into is a good idea, as if u are riding climina and it socks in and u dont know the area its very easy to get turned around. allen creek is the same just has lots of trees you can pin point your way back..

just BE SAFE!!!! and have fun.. and well doubling in either areas right now would SUCK!!

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail in is holding up fairly well there are a few rocks starting to show up on the switch backs but nothing crazy. Yes there is or was 8 inches in the parking lot. And I think they start grooming the end of the month. I would not go into Clemina yet way to many rock in there for this early. This is only my opinion.

rmkpolaris

Reaction score
yeah, its about 15 hours, but its worth every minute of the drive, haha. hope to make it out there 3 times this year. went to vale for my first time in april and loved it. and yeah, i do know where redvers is, i have quite a few friends out that way. also used to work with alot of guys from redvers.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stay clear of clemina for a few more weeks as well, lots of rocks. Went into keyhole on sun. did not make it all the way in but could have. Sled issue not a snow issue. Leaving wen. again for a couple more days of riding. Unreal snow for this time of the year. Was not planning a trip until mid dec and making my second trip already LOL.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Cory,

'Morning glory' bowl in Climina would be an awesome place to ski/board except if you've never been in there its kinda hard to find. Its an easy ride in too. You could get the GPS co-ords for the turnoff but i dont think its going to be very busy up there this weekend and if something happened to your one sled it could be a LONG walk out in 3' of fresh!!
I have never been in Allen so i couldnt say.
Bell Mountain up in McBride would be a good place as well and again easy and short ride in. Im sure there will be a few riders up there this weekend.

CoreyS

Reaction score
Well we have avy gear but like I said im new to sledding. I have been snowboarding in the mountains my whole life. Sick of lift lines!!

Just looking for some nice rolly area's in Valemount area to build some jumps and maybe gets some turns in on the snowboards.

Unfortunately we have no guide so for the first few trips. We are looking for somewhere easy to get in. Tandem on a 07 apex stock in going to be hell I have been told but its all we got so any ideas on what areas will be good for us is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom