Valemount 2009 and 2010 Conditions

smurferdude

Reaction score
Did Valemount get the rain that was predicted to fall today? A couple of us are heading out to Valemount for the weekend gonna hit Allen Creek and maybe Climina. Is there any reports on the snow conditions yet?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, we did get a small amount of rain yesterday, but none since.

Im sorry, I have not been able to get out for numerous reasons and I would love to report to you guys.....its what I do.

I hope to get out tomorrow afternoon to at least ride both trails (alland and clemina) and let everyone know the location of the staging, and how much mix snow you are riding. I should be able to have the info posted by 5pm so at least anyone here or coming can get the info for saturday and sunday.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode the david henery on friday and sat, very heavy, untracked snow, i always forget just how big that place is. Trail is going fast and you should be able to park at the texas gate by the weekend. Very rotten snow near trees and exposed terrian, Had one sled do a tumble as a result,very lucky, could have turned serious
The dixion glacier opened on the 18th,Where the hell was everybody?. there were only five sleds past the elevator all day,less than ten sleds in the entire area. One of the best days of riding in years.One of the best weekends ever.

Yeah... the whole falling off the mountain thing was a little scary but it turned out okay. And it was nice to be with people who didnt make a big deal out of the fact that I didn't really want to do the whole cartwheeling episode again. And... the elevator can kiss my butt!! I win that round :d Good weekend. Great friends. Too bad the season's over :(

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah... the whole falling off the mountain thing was a little scary but it turned out okay. And it was nice to be with people who didnt make a big deal out of the fact that I didn't really want to do the whole cartwheeling episode again. And... the elevator can kiss my butt!! I win that round :d Good weekend. Great friends. Too bad the season's over :(

Elevator schmelevator!!!! :wtg: Did you happen to get any pics of "The Wall" because the only ones that I got make it look like a cakewalk!!??? :(

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what are the snow conditions for this area who has been there in the last week or so we are thinking of going and need to know to make a plan...thanks in advance

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That was you rolling? it looked like one of those cartoon snowballs with arms and legs stricking out of it.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elevator schmelevator!!!! :wtg: Did you happen to get any pics of "The Wall" because the only ones that I got make it look like a cakewalk!!??? :(

Nope... no pics of the damn Wall! Don't worry though: I see it in my dreams and I think its getting bigger :rant:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skinny you have pics of the wall " more like a wheel chair ramp up to the short bus". lol. it was in your email but i cant seem to download it over.

Max

Reaction score
yes thanks curtis! however im not finished.

Still waiting for Vinne to confirm $$$ for a new short block, I seem to have curse & need a rebuid every 2k on the XP - Are you going to order the 174 for Cod & I & do the mod, let me know I will send $$ Try not to bounce off any more trees

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was able to ride both trails today and I highly recommend Clemina

Allan Creek: access getting very touchy. From the back lot you are riding gravel for .5km, then a mix of snow/gravel until approx 6km. Keep left at 3km for a better trail. This is most likely the last weekend for access and its not for the faint of heart or the jeweled up sleds

Please note, the “back way” up to Allan is still under a Wildlife Closure, and riding it will only hurt our chances of any possible agreement with it. I will be working on that this summer. Hoping to negotiate a April 15 opening, but it will take work and cooperation.

Clemina: Users are now parking at approx 4km and access is great. Large trailers are able to easily make it in, and park just before the 4km bridge in the clearing on the right that was created for the hydro development. From there you have 500 yards of gravel to the bridge and then a great trail with some patchy sections until 8km, from here, its smooth sailing to the alpine!

Clemina seemed nice and soft in the alpine and for some reason the entire alpine of Allan was like a sheet of ICE. I would highly recomend Clemina for a nice spring ride.

These are from CLEMINA and I will post again with ALLAN

Attachments

• P4231973.jpg
    P4231973.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 48
  • P4231974.jpg
    P4231974.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 43
  • P4231976.jpg
    P4231976.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 45
  • P4231977.jpg