tying down sleds

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
currently run super clamps on the front, and use ratchet straps on the back, will be changing this year to full superclamps, mostly for ease of use, and so that we can stop cranking suspensions down.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen the RC's in BC using Superclamps on there trailers as well as Fish and Wildlife here in Alberta at the lake next to our property. If they are not legal then why would "they" purchase them guys?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I have seen the RC's in BC using Superclamps on there trailers as well as Fish and Wildlife here in Alberta at the lake next to our property. If they are not legal then why would "they" purchase them guys?

That adds an interesting twist.
Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing....interpretation of the law as well.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sometimes I have to drive a few k up steep logging roads .. I find that even with front and rear super clamp my sled slides back on my deck .. so I add some straps for those "hard to reach the snow days"

Superclamp

Reaction score
sometimes I have to drive a few k up steep logging roads .. I find that even with front and rear super clamp my sled slides back on my deck .. so I add some straps for those "hard to reach the snow days"

You may have to adjust it more tighter, sometime the angle of the ski and where you clamp the front down may be an issue, you want to try and clamp the ski on a flat part and not on the slight angle part of the ski.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may have to adjust it more tighter, sometime the angle of the ski and where you clamp the front down may be an issue, you want to try and clamp the ski on a flat part and not on the slight angle part of the ski.

They are adjusted as tight as I can clamp them ... just don't hold unfortunately.. the sled would never fall off the deck because it won't slide past the ski loops .. but for peace of mind i tie up the spindles to the headache rack when I know I gotta drive up ways up steep bumpy roads...

still love the superclamps though!!

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tying bumpers to deck..... probably not the smartest way.

Run the strap starting in the middle of skid, down and up around beavertail, back up thru skid and around beavertail so you can attach both hooks together.
I find that if you attach the hooks together they never come apart and you dont have to worry about hooks slipping. If you tie to the bumper you always fight the suspension and risk having a strap break or fall off. Same kinda thing as tying down quads around the tires to the trailer.

GRD

Reaction score
i have a question, can the lock down ring, be countersunk. may work for a deck. but as is, on a deck they are a safety hazard, and being aware just don't cut it in the oil patch safety meetings. maybe a larger metal plate with a cutout hole in the plywood.

I was just thinking about this. Seems like if Super Clamps could come out with a recessed pocket they could boost their sales as it would get ride of a tripping hazard. You could use a round hole saw to pop a hole through the deck. Bolt the Recessed pocket from the underside so the harder you pull the more it holds it's self tight. Hell if I can ever afford the Super Clamps this is exactly what I will do.(Might require extending the hook however.)

Countersunk superclamp hooks wouldnt last long with me, they would always be full of snow or ice.

100% agree with teamgreen. If countersunk it would be a bitch to get rid of the snow.

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price for these is out to lunch ? Great system would sell 80% more if price was reasonable jmo!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought superclamps for the skis this year and will be running a ratchet strap through the skid instead of a tie-down from the bumper this year.
I wanted something secure but super easy to do at the end of the day. Before the superclamps I used the ski bars for the past few years. They are a pain to line up sometimes, spinning that short little handle enough to hold securely and making sure you lubricate the hole because of rust. I'm sure I'll end up buying superclamps for the back too.

Superclamp

Reaction score
Price for these is out to lunch ? Great system would sell 80% more if price was reasonable jmo!

The price is not out to lunch, and if it was 80% less some people will still bitch about the price. You probably dont understand what it takes to develope, enginener, ,tooling required, mold and CAD design, mold making, manufacturing, assembling, warehousing , advertizing and shipping costs. Product NOT MADE IN CHINA, MADE IN CANADA with 100% canadian employment. I think the price is very Reasonable for what it does and what you get. I still have not found my Cadillac for the price of a Chevette. If you want a Cadillac you pay the price. If you cant afford it, dont buy it. Sure you didn't tell GMC that there Cadillacs are priced out to lunch, and that they would sell 80% more if the price was more reasonable. jmo

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The price is not out to lunch, and if it was 80% less some people will still bitch about the price. You probably dont understand what it takes to develope, enginener, ,tooling required, mold and CAD design, mold making, manufacturing, assembling, warehousing , advertizing and shipping costs. Product NOT MADE IN CHINA, MADE IN CANADA with 100% canadian employment. I think the price is very Reasonable for what it does and what you get. I still have not found my Cadillac for the price of a Chevette. If you want a Cadillac you pay the price. If you cant afford it, dont buy it. Sure you didn't tell GMC that there Cadillacs are priced out to lunch, and that they would sell 80% more if the price was more reasonable. jmo

I can see the price for the front clamps, But ya can't beat CAD made :) Keep up the good work fella's Oooops my bad was looking at the wrong clamp! Heck the rear clamp is $50 bucks cheaper than the front clamp.. Makes sense as it is smaller DOH, stupid online stores and their small print...

Last edited:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could be a hole with a round bar across it. it doesn't have to be a closed pocket.

The great thing about a sled deck as stuff stays somewhat dry under there, I dont want to lose that

and when should I drop my sled off to get polished?

Last edited:
Top Bottom