tying down sleds

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha you guys, yes i have also slipped on the ski glides. you can't be to aware at 6 ft plus in the air. if there is a chance to trip it will happen, and i think i have a solution, i'll have em for sale next week and should make a fortune. every survey company in the province will be buying them.

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well so far it seems super clamps are the way but im scottish and can buy a lot of straps for the price, for now any ways.
still have to pay for new sled

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Well so far it seems super clamps are the way but im scottish and can buy a lot of straps for the price, for now any ways.

I'm scottish too, Gordon clan actually, but we have superclamps front and back. I put the clamps on and go!!

Jan

Last edited:

Superclamp

Reaction score
i have seen those around Larry. They are flush with the plywood. Don't know the logistics but I have seen them.

You guys and your safety BS..........doo you trip over the SuperGluides also??? Lift your feet and be aware

thanks , could not of said it better. Never been a concern with all my group of guys.

Last edited:

Superclamp

Reaction score
haha you guys, yes i have also slipped on the ski glides. you can't be to aware at 6 ft plus in the air. if there is a chance to trip it will happen, and i think i have a solution, i'll have em for sale next week and should make a fortune. every survey company in the province will be buying them.

were they Superglides?? you slipped on, many Survey Companys are already using Superclamps and Superglides for years already, because of Safety aspect.

Superclamp

Reaction score

You only have to buy them once, how much was your new sled, and you new sled deck. Yes you can buy a lot of straps, but Superclamp is a clamp not a strap, big difference.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were they Superglides?? you slipped on, many Survey Companys are already using Superclamps and Superglides for years already, because of Safety aspect.
no not superglides, the slippery runner kind, and it is all about safety these days and if you don't look after it it will bite yer azz. labour and workers comp will make ya wish you were never born.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am here to tell all , that Front an Rear Superclamps are Totally 100% legal in Canada and USA, and is 100% DOT compliant. If anyone has any questions please call me anytime and I can answer all your questions 1-403-203-2210. And for all those who are tripping on there deck hooks, be careful and aware that they are there, once you use a Superclamp Rear, you will wonder why you have ever used tie straps.
You sure?
Superclamp on the front is good, but the MVA states that it must be tied down in 4 spots. One clamp on the rear doesn't cut it I don't believe and I remember guys saying that cops in BC didn't like it either last winter.
Not knocking the product at all, just don't want to see guys getting tickets is all. Including myself as I want to get one but don't need any extra hassles. That said I guess a guy could run 2.....

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spend the money on the superclamp for the skis at least. You won't regret it!!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sure?
Superclamp on the front is good, but the MVA states that it must be tied down in 4 spots. One clamp on the rear doesn't cut it I don't believe and I remember guys saying that cops in BC didn't like it either last winter.
Not knocking the product at all, just don't want to see guys getting tickets is all. Including myself as I want to get one but don't need any extra hassles. That said I guess a guy could run 2.....

Copied this out of the regulation. It says 2, not 4.

"Despite section 22, a light vehicle shall be restrained at both the front and rear from​
moving sideways, forward, rearward and vertically using a minimum of 2 tiedowns."

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

"Despite section 22, a light vehicle shall be restrained at both the front and rear from​
moving sideways, forward, rearward and vertically using a minimum of 2 tiedowns."

Everything is open to interpretation.......and a judge has the final say!

To me, 2 tie-downs is exactly that; 2 tiedowns! A SuperClamp at the front and a SuperClamp at the rear.

I have been told "a three point securement" is what is required. The 2 skis and one at the back making the magic number of three.

Some of the local enforcement officers get a bee up their butt and get on a power trip and they forget about the important things some days, IMHO!

This was a scary moment for me but I will say the SuperClamps held the sled secure (front and rear) and that sled didn't move! It may have been enough to tip the balance and get me over the edge if it had of came loose..........

IMG_0848.jpg

Last edited:

Superclamp

Reaction score
You sure?

Yes 100% sure, Ya , I hear every year someone is being hasseled , but never heard 1 guy or RCMP or DOT call me to ask me about the Law, funny. It seem to be here say. I have not heard of anyone being ticketed when using our front and rear clamp together, yet, you would think I would of got the call for sure., not 1 call in 15 years. We would NEVER of brought out our Clamping system if it was not legal, I would be a fool wouldn't you say. Again guys instead of listening to he said , she said stuff about what is legal what is not , call me and I will tell you ,Here is my number 1-403-203-2210

Superclamp

Reaction score

Thank you for this, and the bottem line, Call me 1-403-203-2210

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a superclamp on the front and one or two straps going thru the skid. Run the strap over the rails and not to the bumper, its better to leave the suspension unloaded and have no chance of a strap coming loose or off.

Countersunk superclamp hooks wouldnt last long with me, they would always be full of snow or ice.

Reactions: GRD

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie that is kind of a silly place to park!

Everything is open to interpretation.......and a judge has the final say!

To me, 2 tie-downs is exactly that; 2 tiedowns! A SuperClamp at the front and a SuperClamp at the rear.

I have been told "a three point securement" is what is required. The 2 skis and one at the back making the magic number of three.

Some of the local enforcement officers get a bee up their butt and get on a power trip and they forget about the important things some days, IMHO!

This was a scary moment for me but I will say the SuperClamps held the sled secure (front and rear) and that sled didn't move! It may have been enough to tip the balance and get me over the edge if it had of came loose..........

View attachment 139852

Superclamp

Reaction score
I use a superclamp on the front and one or two straps going thru the skid. Run the strap over the rails and not to the bumper, its better to leave the suspension unloaded and have no chance of a strap coming loose or off.

Countersunk superclamp hooks wouldnt last long with me, they would always be full of snow or ice.

You are right, countersunk deck hook is not the answer, and I agree they will fill up with snow ,ice ,dirt and mud, then everyone will complain there hook deck hooks are not working properly. Keep it simple. Be aware they are there, and pay attention.

Top Bottom