tying down sleds

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i just built a sled deck and was wondering how peeps are tying down the back end's of there machines

nutma6

Reaction score
i just use a pull strap, works well ices up sometimes i will be getting superclamps once i can afford them

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't slow down for bumps so I tie the ch!t outta mine.
2 straps across the skid to the back of the deck and then a 3rd around skid and track and around the rear bar of the deck to keep it from bouncing. Overkill but better safe than sorry.
Heard that superclamps alone on the skid aren't legal in BC. They are good for the ski's though.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull straps one on each side, superclamps work but to me the metal hod down ring is just something else to trip over. and who needs that at least 5 to 6 feet in the air.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
Superclamps on the front and a strap or two over the skid. I'm my opinion superclamps on the rear are a bad idea for a deck because of the tripping hazard.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha, ya i can just see myself doing an endo off the friggin deck, i've been close more than once. and i don't slide down the ramps anymore either.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha, why do they call it the funny bone, swear to gawd i couldn't feel my fingers for a week.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I clamp my skies and on the back I run a strap between the sleds bumpers then one strap on the left from the bumper to the deck and same on the other side.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superclamps on the front and a cam strap from the rear bumper to the beavertail. I usually unload about 10km from my house but on longer drives I run a ratchet strap across the deck through the skids as well.

Superclamp

Reaction score
I don't slow down for bumps so I tie the ch!t outta mine.
2 straps across the skid to the back of the deck and then a 3rd around skid and track and around the rear bar of the deck to keep it from bouncing. Overkill but better safe than sorry.
Heard that superclamps alone on the skid aren't legal in BC. They are good for the ski's though.

Well I am here to tell all , that Front an Rear Superclamps are Totally 100% legal in Canada and USA, and is 100% DOT compliant. If anyone has any questions please call me anytime and I can answer all your questions 1-403-203-2210. And for all those who are tripping on there deck hooks, be careful and aware that they are there, once you use a Superclamp Rear, you will wonder why you have ever used tie straps.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
Superclamp has a valid point and I am considering putting the rear clamps on my trailer but would never put the on a deck.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am here to tell all , that Front an Rear Superclamps are Totally 100% legal in Canada and USA, and is 100% DOT compliant. If anyone has any questions please call me anytime and I can answer all your questions 1-403-203-2210. And for all those who are tripping on there deck hooks, be careful and aware that they are there, once you use a Superclamp Rear, you will wonder why you have ever used tie straps.

i have a question, can the lock down ring, be countersunk. may work for a deck. but as is, on a deck they are a safety hazard, and being aware just don't cut it in the oil patch safety meetings. maybe a larger metal plate with a cutout hole in the plywood.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
i have a question, can the lock down ring, be countersunk. may work for a deck. but as is, on a deck they are a safety hazard, and being aware just don't cut it in the oil patch safety meetings. maybe a larger metal plate with a cutout hole in the plywood.

i have seen those around Larry. They are flush with the plywood. Don't know the logistics but I have seen them.

You guys and your safety BS..........doo you trip over the SuperGluides also??? Lift your feet and be aware

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was just thinking about this. Seems like if Super Clamps could come out with a recessed pocket they could boost their sales as it would get ride of a tripping hazard. You could use a round hole saw to pop a hole through the deck. Bolt the Recessed pocket from the underside so the harder you pull the more it holds it's self tight. Hell if I can ever afford the Super Clamps this is exactly what I will do.(Might require extending the hook however.)

Top Bottom