tying down sleds

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When im hauling sleds with my car i just roll down all 4 windows, park the sled on the roof and wrap some 3/8 rope right over the sled seat, around through the windows and cab of the car. Then i tie a good double knot bow and hit the road.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When im hauling sleds with my car i just roll down all 4 windows, park the sled on the roof and wrap some 3/8 rope right over the sled seat, around through the windows and cab of the car. Then i tie a good double knot bow and hit the road.

A little overkill, ain't it? I mean really, 3/8 rope? 1/4' would be more than good enough.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The great thing about a sled deck as stuff stays somewhat dry under there, I dont want to lose that

and when should I drop my sled off to get polished?

Yeah, wouldn't want to get that pretty tunnel all dirty .... Oh thats right it's not polished yet. LOL. Got your exhaust figured out???

My garage it right full now. I had to pull the sleds off. I'm taking my trailer back up north to get the brakes fixed. About time...... it's only been almost a year.... Just sux I have to drive 4 hours one way to get warranty work done :-(

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most 1" tie downs are only good for something like 400 lbs. Legally I think Clamps are OK as DOT probably wouldnt allow them to be sold, otherwise with Tie Downs its a minimum of 3 at 45 degrees (or somewhere along those lines). If you had the opportunity to look into a rollover in an enclosed trailer where sleds weren't tied down you would stop at the next store and buy 5 more tie downs and put them on your sled however you are towing it.

Love the guys with a $12K sled held down with a sh!tty $14 tie strap and commenting on price of a quality Canadian made system...If you are that worried about the price of the superclamp, it has a spot for a lock, talk to your insurance company and tell them you are securing it with an additional anti-theft device, they might give you a cut on the insurance costs that will offset the price of the clamp.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most 1" tie downs are only good for something like 400 lbs. Legally I think Clamps are OK as DOT probably wouldnt allow them to be sold, otherwise with Tie Downs its a minimum of 3 at 45 degrees (or somewhere along those lines). If you had the opportunity to look into a rollover in an enclosed trailer where sleds weren't tied down you would stop at the next store and buy 5 more tie downs and put them on your sled however you are towing it.

Love the guys with a $12K sled held down with a sh!tty $14 tie strap and commenting on price of a quality Canadian made system...If you are that worried about the price of the superclamp, it has a spot for a lock, talk to your insurance company and tell them you are securing it with an additional anti-theft device, they might give you a cut on the insurance costs that will offset the price of the clamp.

I agree, I just bought 2 new sleds and I have 2 newer quads. The first thing I did after the new floor in trailer was Superglides front to back and Superclamps for skis and track. I will be purchasing 2 quad system tie downs this spring for the trailer and sled deck. The great thing is I can just get a couple extra rings and everything is transferable from trailer to truck. If you don't like the system use the $14 straps and hope no one cuts your security strap and steals your toys. Thanks for the insurance idea I will be contacting mine. Great product Great service thanks Randall!!

Top Bottom