Turbos what does $6500 get you?

riverratjim01

Reaction score
great big polished turbo,wastegate,charge tube,muffler. a few extra injectors with wires, a controller that you can`t program yourself.(pre mapped) some gauges, etc etc. just go to PUSHTURBOS.com and see.
$6500 leaves you with some gas money left over.
+++ the chance to kick some Boondocker ass anytime...priceless!!!!!

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy rides a BD race gas turbo on his M1000 and got brent linderman to set it up. Cost him a bit extra but well worth it gives you the know how on tuning and has a great knowledge on cats! Sled runs flawless and never has to have the hood open!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
eatme.jpg
that pic is getting some good mileage......:d :beer: :cool:

Mac Daddy

Reaction score
I am new to the turbo part of sledding.I have read this post from front to back and i find it hard to believe that there is not a thread from mm.Or maybe there has been lots of them from LHF.Like i keep reading,do lots of research and beware.If i dropped 11 large on a turbo that didnt work and not much support from installer without another bill.I would probably go postal.lol

sir john

Reaction score
I took off my MM turbo and put it in the garbage and installed boost wurx turbo, just got back from valemount and ran the sled hard for 3 days no problems set was excellent. Learn from my experience do the research, it's not worth the head ache and time wasted trying to make it work.

Mac Daddy

Reaction score
I was just saying that i had read it all. Trying to gain some insight on what turbo to use.and what company might be a good choice.Thanks for your useful post.

Mac Daddy

Reaction score
Longhorn. Are you leaning toward a turbo company yet. I am leaning toward areocharger,But will see what a little time brings.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Longhorn. Are you leaning toward a turbo company yet. I am leaning toward areocharger,But will see what a little time brings.

Definitly not...Just bought a 2011 E-Tec and truly am not interested in the whole turbo game. My riding time is very limited and about 50% of it is with my daughters so I have no time to be messing around and tuning a turbo. I want to add some fuel, pull the cord and ride...

I am quite sure I dont ride my sled anywhere near its potential so a turbo for me would be wasted...I am happy to admit I likely dont have the skills to ride a turbo sled, it would just be farther away from me when I fall off :)

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitly not...Just bought a 2011 E-Tec and truly am not interested in the whole turbo game. My riding time is very limited and about 50% of it is with my daughters so I have no time to be messing around and tuning a turbo. I want to add some fuel, pull the cord and ride...

I am quite sure I dont ride my sled anywhere near its potential so a turbo for me would be wasted...I am happy to admit I likely dont have the skills to ride a turbo sled, it would just be farther away from me when I fall off :)

I ride with a Lot of poos and cats. They have good running sleds cause they bought kits from those who no what they r doing. Cutler and boondockers have done the home work. I personally would never have a mountain sled built buy a Edmonton company. Shuswap extreme In salmon arm is awesome for the cats. They actuly ride the mountains. These shops like mm or Absolute will never c my money unless it's to change a track or something simple like that. When it comes to big bores. Strokers. Boost. Never would I go there. I have owned dozen of sleds and learnedthe hard way Like some ofthe others on here. I remember getting a m1000. Then pipes. Nos. Clutching rkteck head and going to the mountains and getting cleaned by a new xp. A local from a shop in bc had a look at all my mods and kinda laughed. So I took it to his shop that afternoon. 3 hrs later and lots of parts changed. I left. The next day I beat buds xp by 100's of feet with out nos

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
I ride with a Lot of poos and cats. They have good running sleds cause they bought kits from those who no what they r doing. Cutler and boondockers have done the home work. I personally would never have a mountain sled built buy a Edmonton company. Shuswap extreme In salmon arm is awesome for the cats. They actuly ride the mountains. These shops like mm or Absolute will never c my money unless it's to change a track or something simple like that. When it comes to big bores. Strokers. Boost. Never would I go there. I have owned dozen of sleds and learnedthe hard way Like some ofthe others on here. I remember getting a m1000. Then pipes. Nos. Clutching rkteck head and going to the mountains and getting cleaned by a new xp. A local from a shop in bc had a look at all my mods and kinda laughed. So I took it to his shop that afternoon. 3 hrs later and lots of parts changed. I left. The next day I beat buds xp by 100's of feet with out nos

Most of the dealers out here ride, and know what a sled needs in the mountains. Now if you want your e-tec to perform, and still be relatively stock, talk to Mitch, at Powderlites, (Sicamous). A well tuned XP will give a boosted M8 a run for it's money... I know, I ride a M8 on boost.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess we'll see when Sir John and Peakseekers paths cross where you should go for a locally built and installed turbo in Edmonton.
Should be worth the price of admission!

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read most of these posts on here and I must say that I am kinda confused a bit. I might not know alot about turbos except that i have had sled builds every year. I had my M8 turbo out that Moutain Magic built for me and all i can say is wow!!!! It hauls awesome and that i am so gald that i went there for this sled build. the service was first class and any questions that i had they answered for me was top notch all the way. Also in business as a business person if some one makes a mistake or something isnt right then give them the chance to make it right! if you dont then you have no reason to say anything as in the technology world mistakes and changes and RND change all the time. If we dont give someone the chance to make it right because we get our noses out of joint and bad mouth then it says alot about who we are as a person and as a customer. That is just my opinion and well I would love to hear thought on this from other business owners from their perspective?

Thanks
Darren

Sparx

Reaction score
OVS turbo installed by ASE Powersports in Sherwood Park, couldn't be happier. Sled ran great from day one, tuned to perfection by day 3 and never affected riding getting it dialed in on the A/F ratio gauge and getting the duty cycles where they should be on the fuel controller. Sled is an animal at 10lbs boost, anybody should be happy at 5-8lbs boost with this setup! They specialize in Boondocker pump gas setups but I wanted a race gas setup with the Tial package.

At one time I wanted the Aerocharger, OVS who used to run them advised me against it. They assured me the Garrett would give me everything I wanted with even better oil retention if I flipped it over and so far it's done everything they said and more. No lag with their clutching and very electric powerband. I'd be glad to prove anyone wrong about 2 stroke turbos, it'll be pretty aparant if you see my sled on the hill how well it runs. The 4 stroke Turbos in my group can tell just as well as everyone else in my group on the last ride (7 guys, 2 turbo's, 1 BB's, and stock sleds). I never lifted the hood on the last day other than to thaw my goggles ;-)

4dzrule

Reaction score
I have read most of these posts on here and I must say that I am kinda confused a bit. I might not know alot about turbos except that i have had sled builds every year. I had my M8 turbo out that Moutain Magic built for me and all i can say is wow!!!! It hauls awesome and that i am so gald that i went there for this sled build. the service was first class and any questions that i had they answered for me was top notch all the way. Also in business as a business person if some one makes a mistake or something isnt right then give them the chance to make it right! if you dont then you have no reason to say anything as in the technology world mistakes and changes and RND change all the time. If we dont give someone the chance to make it right because we get our noses out of joint and bad mouth then it says alot about who we are as a person and as a customer. That is just my opinion and well I would love to hear thought on this from other business owners from their perspective?

Thanks
Darren

I also have my own buisness and have a MMagic M8, just over a thousand miles, boosted since new. I have had great sevice, adivice and enjoy dealing with them. There isn't a company in the world that has 100% customer satifaction, that breeds competion and makes the world go round. Bash them all u want, they've been in buisness a long time and last I checked MM was completely sold out of their kits and when I picked up my sled this fall after its pre-season check up they where working on an M8 with an OVS that wouldn't run and just finished getting a M1000 CPC turbo running. So I wonder if those guys have threads bashing OVS and CPC?

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know i was out riding and seen another guy with a twisted kit and his sled didnt run great either I have seen turbo sleds that have the same kits and one works great and the other one doesnt , so that just goes to show that all turbo kits come down to installation. . Last time i checked its either a areocharger or a garrett turbo anyways. Just my opinion, and all i know is Mountain magic built mine and it works awesome.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love reviving old threads, but just to let everyone kmow, according to a guy from bikeman, they are testing their own turbo kit now, Garret ball bearing turbo, external wastegate, power commander 5 with autotune, their own clutch kit, turbo pipe, and all the stuff that comes 100% complete easy install.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know i was out riding and seen another guy with a twisted kit and his sled didnt run great either I have seen turbo sleds that have the same kits and one works great and the other one doesnt , so that just goes to show that all turbo kits come down to installation. . Last time i checked its either a areocharger or a garrett turbo anyways. Just my opinion, and all i know is Mountain magic built mine and it works awesome.

Last time I seen you riding, you were trying to side hill your nytro by sitting on the sside of the seat, then on your tm8.

Depends how you ride it, a turbo could seem like it runs great, because your only doing small 3/4 throttle burps etc, or you could be balls to the walls the whole time and seem like you have a crappy Turbo when you ride the hell out of it.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Top Bottom