Turbos what does $6500 get you?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to admit I was truly looking forward to reading this Thread as I thought it would have some actual VALUE........wow what a mistake!!!! The Thread should have read "I'm pissed at MM and I'm going to use some buddies to chime in and really get those guys back......NOT". Are you kidding me??? If you wanted to do some actual damage to MM reputation you went about it all wrong, should have just stopped in the beginning now you sound like a regular whinning little child that had their ice-cream cone fall on the floor and your daddy won't buy you another:rant: Funny thing is that you talk about other builders and how perfect they are but they still have someone that is upset with a job who gets on a forum and bashes........then everyone realizes that he is just full of hot air........oh hang on that's you in this thread??? I ride a MM turbo set up on an 07 M8, it had 800mi when they installed it and today it has 2200mi, in that time I had 2 problems. The first one I bumped a tree breaking the throttle leaver (my fault) the second I blew up my DD which was a common problem. Yes the fuel controller took a little getting used to but that is part of tuning, you just turned your Dodge Neon into a Viper!!! If what you are saying is true....well sorry about your luck but my experience with MM has been great, and they will continue building sleds for me. That's it that's all the last you will hear from me on this!!!:beer::beer::beer:

the guy spent like 15000$ and his sled hasnt ran properly yet i think he can do whatever he wants.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much to say about MM to bad for the kits having trouble.I run a BD pump gas kit at 12 psi this year and it works great I think the bd fuel box is the best out there with the ADA set up it is so easy to adjust.The set up out of the box is perfect "little fat" but good,they spent the most money for r&d and the fuel box.I run a 800 dragon so you dont need much to go from 8psi to 12psi just turn the knob and run av gas. My friend has done some cats with BD kits and they run good with no problems Iv done 2 dragons and have a 2010 dragon still to do and a 2008 m8 after that.The BD kits Im getting are 4500us with elec boost controll and clutch kit. I think install will be around 700can.I road fri sat at allen creek and saw some S/M members and let one test ride my sled it ran sweet ran out of fuel 1 km from the truck at the end of the day.It sickens me to think this could happen after all the $$$ spent as I am in the auto service biz and look after my custmers 100% if there is a problem,no Im sure I havent got the hole story but also havent seen MM offer services to look after the problem.They have a guy in there shop right now with a lot of turbo exp he has built a lot of kits that work well.maybe now is the time, he may be able to shed some light.

Chris

yeah your BD kit works:d

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well put together kit + good install + good setup = Happy customers :d
I was in the auto service business for a long time before branching out into powersports. You can't survive in either without good products and good workmanship. Customers don't mind paying for a good job. You have to know it works well before you sell it IMO. Just my .02

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All trying to do is point out to peeps is beware of what your getting for your dollar. If a kit is being sold, and is made up of other peoples components, maybe ask those peoples if they endorse what these people are doing with their stuff. Then your decision will be easy.
And yes you don't hear much about BD kits, other than alot of people wishin they had went with it. Not nearly so confusing to tune.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey looky looky! Boondocker Snow Sports advertising Twisted Turbo kit installed for $5500. OUCH thats gonna leave a mark.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is there only 1 guy squealing about bad service? Sounds to me like he should of given the company a chance to fix. You probably spent more time on here wining when you could of put that effort with the company trying to resolve the problem.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lhf you need to learn to read buddy. Hes taken it back several times at several thousands$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of dollers****** each time. Hes been that route budday. Glad your 1160 works but not everyone has the luck you do i guess.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lhf you need to learn to read buddy. Hes taken it back several times at several thousands$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of dollers****** each time. Hes been that route budday. Glad your 1160 works but not everyone has the luck you do i guess.

Several to some is once.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LHF how you know several is once? You seem a little touchy on this thread.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
because he owns a MM sled and praises them for no aparent reason. nothin against MM they do good work. just dont like to hear about this kind of $$ and time wasted.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Show us your bill Sir John, show us what you get for 6500$

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
11popcorn.gif

jayspics095Large.jpg

Top Bottom