Turbo''d 09 dragon

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kit comes with clutching i am going to play around a little with gearing...

duch17

Reaction score
I have had not 1 problem with my Dragon....I have done things a little different than everyone else when running my sled....The program in my programmer is set up and proven for 2 yrs with 3-5000 kms on these turbo's my guy is the godfather of the areochagres he has been doing this stuff since 1987....BUT in saying that I can't control mechanical faliure so I will ride it.....full throttle.... LOL

BD
How often do you need to do engine work when you run a turbo on a 2 stroke?

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
i cant believe how much it cost to turbo a sled
i just finished turboing my lexus is300 and it cost about 2000 cheaper than to turbo my dragon
also found that you can buy alot of these items at half the costs then buying a kit like the one boondocker makes
if you got a good sense of welding and mechanics should save about 2 grand on a turbo for a dragon, all the parts boondocker uses are just pieces you can buy from the internet and the turbo they use is the smallest garrett makes and u can buy that new for 600$
im going to turbo my dragon next year but will pay half of what alot of people pay but this is in my own opionion and from experince turboing my car

Reaction score
Wow...Sign me up. Thats a very clean install. I've been searching around for a kit for my Dragon and haven't been able to find one that will accomodate a muffler.Are you selling those kits? I went to your website and couldn't find it anywhere? Do you have a link, I am definately interested in purchasing one of those. I don't know much about the aerochargers though...they run a cermamic bearing? and there is no oil resevoir it is just a sealed bearing correct? Also no waste gate, what is the boost range on those, I don't want to have to run race gas all the time so am looking for a kit I could run 5-8psi on pump gas. Thanks for the post, hope the sleds working good for you!!

dragon fan

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the vidio i have an 08 with 2300 miles on it and not 1 hick up! Done alot of little things like pipe, reeds, vents, gearing and such but always looking for more! Not sure if I need a turbo but would love to try one out. Curt from Kurts Polairis has a boondocker on his and heard alot of good about it but I worry about having to work on it all the time after i mod it and right now all I do is clean clutches ,change gear oil and poor gas in the thing! I will be watching yours to see the progress!:

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone rode Revy today it was madian voyage with the sled turbo'ed....NO ISSUES worked awsome all day long next to no tuning. Couple little thing to do tonight but nothing major and will be ready to go tomarrow. 3-4 ft fresh powder and fawk me pulls like a fright train Just awsome Awsome ride I just love this thing was climbing stuff faster than a Turbo'ed Apex with same boost. This Kit im selling is really a bolt on and go kit with next to no issues.......... set up right from get go......can't wait for tomarrow....

Later from Revy

BD

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sounds like your "one happy turbo hound" these days.
Post some photos when you get home.

Hello everyone rode Revy today it was madian voyage with the sled turbo'ed....NO ISSUES worked awsome all day long next to no tuning. Couple little thing to do tonight but nothing major and will be ready to go tomarrow. 3-4 ft fresh powder and fawk me pulls like a fright train Just awsome Awsome ride I just love this thing was climbing stuff faster than a Turbo'ed Apex with same boost. This Kit im selling is really a bolt on and go kit with next to no issues.......... set up right from get go......can't wait for tomarrow....

Later from Revy

BD

duch17

Reaction score
So how durable do you think the engine will be? Will it need yearly rebuilding, how many km or miles do you think the engine will hold out for? Does anybodu have any knowledge on this? I really wanna stick with a 2 stroke but im wanting a turbo

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post bigdawg, sounds great. Keep us posted. Can't wait to finish up at work, and finally ride mine. I Don't think i want to test drive yours or i will have to buy one.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a little update for you guys.......Took couple of the Turbo sleds in to get the motor updates done( nothing wrong just the dealer had a couple kits left) Went out yesterday and looked at the pistons and heads.....Mint they looked awsome no scuffing on the skirts....Piston wash was perfect burn was perfect......I gota say the Turbo sleds seem to be holding there own without all these other motor issues eveyone else is dealing with..........I love my turbo and its rocking......

BD

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a little update for you guys.......Took couple of the Turbo sleds in to get the motor updates done( nothing wrong just the dealer had a couple kits left) Went out yesterday and looked at the pistons and heads.....Mint they looked awsome no scuffing on the skirts....Piston wash was perfect burn was perfect......I gota say the Turbo sleds seem to be holding there own without all these other motor issues eveyone else is dealing with..........I love my turbo and its rocking......

BD
I've ridden with your sled for 2 seasons now (even squeezed the trigger a few times :D), have never seen it whimper once....gas and go. very impressive dude....:beer:

and IT RIPS!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9467GFxb2yY[/YOUTUBE]

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
rode dawgs dragon on easter weekend and wow, that beast pulls hard, was really impressed how there was very little lag if any. would definitely recommend this kit to anyone keep up the good work Wade

Newgen

Reaction score
I'd love to see a vid of this turbo on the iq chassis. I have a '10 Assault and I believe my next step is a turbo.

Top Bottom