Turbo XMs

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of a friend just did a Impulse kit, fit and finish is quite a bit nicer than the TSS (not saying the TSS kit is a bad kit just that the fit and finish of the Impulse in better)and the throttle response is unreal.:beer:

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of a friend just did a Impulse kit, fit and finish is quite a bit nicer than the TSS (not saying the TSS kit is a bad kit just that the fit and finish of the Impulse in better)and the throttle response is unreal.:beer:

On a XM..??? Didn't know impulse did 2 strokes. nicest part about TSS kits are they are canadian and in sicamous. Send Mareshow a message and he can give ya his thoughts. been on it a couple times and it is one of, if not thee funnest kit I have rode.

Sleds

Reaction score
Thanks for the imput it will be between impluse TSS and silber

Dlo

Reaction score
Running aerocharger 5 lbs boost premium fuel, the new box seems to b nice, only box I've run but ya, mountain magic installed my one, haven't had to tweak anything other than the box due to snow levels,

Sleds

Reaction score
Why is this one here?? you have 2 big horsepower high quality, well respected kits, then you toss this one in as well??? not really the same league as the other two in my opinion. and why not a aerocharger or boondocker kit??
I know I would go with the impluse Tss or boondocker kits way before silber... How much does the impluse kit cost

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running a TSS kit on my 14' XM and to date is the funnest thing I've ridden on snow. 600 miles boosted so far and haven't had to touch a thing.

Feels like a stock sled till boost comes on just before 6000 rpm. On and off throttle chops and the boost recovers very quickly.

Running 8-10 pounds and using straight VP 111 for piece of mind.

Wouldn't mind building a T3 174 with a insta boost for next year but having trouble parting with this minty one that has been flawless!
y9umapas.jpg

Last edited:

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really forsale but With 3 inch track exit shocks and the turbo I would want 20 000 with 700 miles. 25 into it not including labour.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode DLO's aerocharged xm and even at the low 5 lbs of boost is was awesome. I am also looking into boosting my xm and i think it has bin narrowed down to aero and boondocker. although there really is no info nor videos or anything really on the boondocker kit. After reading all the head aches guys are going through with silbers kit IMO id stay away.

Sleds

Reaction score
I rode DLO's aerocharged xm and even at the low 5 lbs of boost is was awesome. I am also looking into boosting my xm and i think it has bin narrowed down to aero and boondocker. although there really is no info nor videos or anything really on the boondocker kit. After reading all the head aches guys are going through with silbers kit IMO id stay away.
Thanks for the info Mountainsledmania I have heard some problems with the silbers

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I would go with the impluse Tss or boondocker kits way before silber... How much does the impluse kit cost

I'm not a Doo guy but here's my thoughts:

Picking a kit based on price is unwise, a builder that saved you $1000 on the kit may actually cost more in the end, what does a sh!tty fuel controller that leans out the motor and burns it down cost? Or a cheap oil pump that quits oiling the turbo and makes you wait for 2 weeks in the middle of the season for replacements to come in cost? Or how much will you lose we you finally sell the sled in frustration because it won't run right?

Buy the best kit you can find, what's another $1000-2000 when you're already in $20,000.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running 8-10 pounds and using straight VP 111 for piece of mind.

Straight 111?? Oh my that's some expensive piece of mind. I've got close to 2000 miles running 10- 12 pounds on straight avgas. You could get away with mixing your 111 50/50 with premium.

Just saying...

yammyman

Reaction score
If you've got an XM an you want to support a great Canadian company with nothing but a great product and superb service go with TSS. You will not be disappointed! I've been in there shop a few times this season and I've seen 80% XM's every time. Always new kits being installed. They know what they're doing when it comes to turboing a Ski-Doo. Nothing short of impressed with my kit.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Rumors be true mine is for sale :), Redid the top end at 4000 km, have about 5000 km on it now. Zero problems, no lag and overall an awesome kit. You pick the kit for the research you do. I found with TSS that they have the best in my mind. Plus customer service has always been awesome!

Edit: I should also say that my kit speaks for itself. Heck people who've ridden my sled are responding before I did lol PS Thanks guys :)

Last edited:

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Rumors be true mine is for sale :), Redid the top end at 4000 km, have about 5000 km on it now. Zero problems, no lag and overall an awesome kit. You pick the kit for the research you do. I found with TSS that they have the best in my mind. Plus customer service has always been awesome!

Edit: I should also say that my kit speaks for itself. Heck people who've ridden my sled are responding before I did lol PS Thanks guys :)

I take 10% comission if sold. Or a couple ski tugs :d

Top Bottom