Turbo Theories and Myths

go green

Reaction score
The fact that these machines run as well as they do with the entry level fuel boxes that are zip tied to the handlebars is actually amazing . Good on the companies for making kits and fuel boxes to allow snowmobilers to turbo their machines but they are still far from having a polished product. There are still many short comings that have to be addressed before anyone can call the currant crop of turbo kits and boxes a finished product IMO.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
You are somewhat correct, but until someone is willing to pay for such a kit, this is what your going to get.
Oh and for the record, we have been installing some fuel controllers under the hood. Haha

turborev

Reaction score
So Neil whose turbo kits are u running them on for etec's? By reading i took it as you are building a kit for them? Also what kind of luck have you had? Any blown motors or any major issues?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil do you guys have an etec kit yet or are you still working on it?

So Neil whose turbo kits are u running them on for etec's? By reading i took it as you are building a kit for them? Also what kind of luck have you had? Any blown motors or any major issues?

Last I heard from Neil is that he has agreed not to build a skidoo kit as long as TSS continues to build their kits with his fuel box.

gopherchoker

Reaction score
one thing I have come to realize is that everyones opinion of a good running sled is different, id say most of the sleds that I've ever had would be perfect to 95% of the people. A lot of people hate to admit they spent money on something that doesn't work worth crap so they try to make everyone believe the hype! Ive never owned the perfect sled yet maybe this year is the year? :)

No kidding!! Some times you are way better to take your stock sled and fill it with gas and just ride the piss out of it. Way less stress,and spent money. Also more fun hours of riding a year, due to no screwing around tuning.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last I heard from Neil is that he has agreed not to build a skidoo kit as long as TSS continues to build their kits with his fuel box.

So my best bet would be the TSS kit with Neils fuel box. It looks like a nice kit that's for sure and I've only heard good things about the products from boost it.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my best bet would be the TSS kit with Neils fuel box. It looks like a nice kit that's for sure and I've only heard good things about the products from boost it.

I'll let you know how my TSS turbo kit runs in a couple weeks! gets installed the 17th of Dec :) one thing is for sure, etecs+turbo+pump gas will never equal happiness. In other words you better be running av gas or race or a mix :) or at least thats what i'm told

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine just picked up his TSS/Boost-it Etec. He is quite a well experienced and accomplished sledder and describes it as "rip your arms out of their sockets" power. Thats coming off a big bore XP with spray. Probably be a hell of a time for guys who have the skill for it like himself. If i was entering my second year of sledding like some of the goofs on here and thinking about one of these set ups i would go get my head examined first.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As PistonBroke says I am very impressed with the TSS kit on my 2013. I put 120 miles on the sled stock and now about 60 boosted for lack of a better term the thing just rips. It hasn't seemed to have lost any of its rideability either. There is good low end power that just keeps pulling. I can't wait to get out again on it. Dave and Brandon are great to deal with.

I would recommend the kit to anyone looking to take it to another level. I wouldn't recommend it for someone new to sledding though; ride something stock for awhile, build some skill. Horsepower without skill and experience will only get you in trouble.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Yes that is the case. We really don't have the time to build doo and cat kits either. There is something coming down the pipe from Yamaha and we dont want to miss that opportunity either.
Our turbo Pros are running unreal right now and im sure that TSS has all the wrinkles out of there program too. Dave told me Sat night that their etechs are running awesome.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine just picked up his TSS/Boost-it Etec. He is quite a well experienced and accomplished sledder and describes it as "rip your arms out of their sockets" power. Thats coming off a big bore XP with spray. Probably be a hell of a time for guys who have the skill for it like himself. If i was entering my second year of sledding like some of the goofs on here and thinking about one of these set ups i would go get my head examined first.

I said I was considering it but I'm only going into my second year sledding so when I said considering I meant down the road once I have the skill and experience. Ya don't need to be an ass because someone is trying to learn about the products on the market.

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll let you know how my TSS turbo kit runs in a couple weeks! gets installed the 17th of Dec :) one thing is for sure, etecs+turbo+pump gas will never equal happiness. In other words you better be running av gas or race or a mix :) or at least thats what i'm told

Whats the price of the TSS Etec Turbo?

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8000s a good number to use lol, I'm almost up to 10g installed, all depends if you go with all there options. W/A, Turbo pipe, install etc.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8000s a good number to use lol, I'm almost up to 10g installed, all depends if you go with all there options. W/A, Turbo pipe, install etc.

so what are you saying... TSS has more stuff that i have to buy? I thought it was $8000 for the complete kit installed?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

$8k is the installed price with the Water to Air. The only extra is the pipe which is an extra $500 if your stock pipe doesn't hold together.

What else were you charged for?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Backcountrypro

Reaction score
Don't forget Turbo Performance. The kit that I just installed from them uses the Boost-it fuel control box. They use aluminum reed cages with injectors after the throttle bodies.

Top Bottom