My turbo pro build

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you pulling the motor to install the oiling system for the turbo? Or can you access it through the hole for the intercooler? Also are you going to send your ecu to Boondocker for the reflash? Build looks great so far. Like the color scheme!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you pulling the motor to install the oiling system for the turbo? Or can you access it through the hole for the intercooler? Also are you going to send your ecu to Boondocker for the reflash? Build looks great so far. Like the color scheme!

I havent sized it up yet. I'm not doing the install myself, my local shop is doing it. Whichever way they decide to do it I'll let you know lol.
And thanks!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shot of the skid..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 595

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few late nights and here it is, minus the turbo still. I think it came out really good.

Tunnel is wrapped with 3m 1080 carbon fibre wrap
The blue is a candy blue with silver under layer
Just waiting on an all black seat cover to show up, and have some neat ideas to do with the headlight. I can't wait to ride!!!!!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few late nights and here it is, minus the turbo still. I think it came out really good.

Tunnel is wrapped with 3m 1080 carbon fibre wrap
The blue is a candy blue with silver under layer
Just waiting on an all black seat cover to show up, and have some neat ideas to do with the headlight. I can't wait to ride!!!!!!

Looks sick Kyle!:beer:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not a huge fan of the wrap (just my opinion) but I love the blue on the skid, seat and boards! looks awesome.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice job on the vinyl wrap, i have some flat black for my tunnel but don't have the guts to do it just yet. Any tips?

Take your boards off, rear bumper, drill out the tunnel brace and remove it, clean the tunnel very good, use goo gone or some other adhesive remover to clean the glue left behind from the stickers, drill out the cap covering the tial light wires, remove the gas tank, and this is what we done. Wrapped it in 7 sections. From this point you can do it however you want but we used 2 sections for each side of the tunnel, the join being behind my boards so you can't see it, and 3 sections for the top of the tunnel. Spray lots of the installation liquid that should have came with your wrap, get a good heat gun, measure 5 times cut once, second set of hands is almost a must. Took us about 4 hours to wrap my tunnel

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Install went smooth, so I'm told by my mechanic lol. I'll post pics tomorrow morning when I get home. Here's one I have of the finished product.

the intercooler for the w/a is recessed into the bulkhead where the tin plate was covering the oil lines prior to installation. Pretty neat. I'll post turbo pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 334
Top Bottom