Boondocker turbo ebc not controlling boost

Assault7

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just installed a boondocker turbo onto my 2014 assault. Went out for a little test ride and the boost just keeps going up. I have it set at 4 lbs and i see 10-11 lbs when i hit the throttle for about half a second. I was wanting to run about 7lbs. I have made sure everything is hooked up correctly. I took a hose and went from the wastegate to the charge tube and that brought it down to about 8-9 lbs. anyone had this problem before? Thanks

twumba

Reaction score
If you set your boost in the shop then ride up in elevation you'll see boost go up to compensate for that level, best bet is to set your boost at elevation your riding, then should be good to go and not have to touch it

Assault7

Reaction score
I have turned the alttitude comp off to see if that helps. Also calibrated it. Not sure if that changed boost or just helps for fuel adjustment. I am going to go for a test ride tonight and see if anything has changed

24V E30

Reaction score
What's the WG spring pressure?

Is it an internal or external gate & what kind?

If you bypass the EBC and just hook a line from the charge pipe or right off the compressor housing to the bottom port of the WG If it's an external WG, you should only make WG spring pressure.

If you have a 8-9psi spring your EBC won't be able to hold boost any lower then that. So you will need to change the spring to a softer one.

From your description it seems like you may have the hoses to the WG or EBC hooked up wrong.

Top Bottom